Sign in to follow this  
Daiman

Dewback CUUSOO

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi folks this is my latest CUUSOO project.

8301655854_14289b831e_z.jpg

I'm interested in comments on the creature design in particular as it's my first venture into creature design from scratch.

Don't forget to support if you want one too or just pop over and suggest modifications to the concept if you think it could improve.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/32327

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Maybe less spots on the Dewback and more "scale-pattern". I like the saddle design. This would make a wonderful set and priced at 19 - 25$ this would fly off the shelves.

It's about time we get a new dewback. This more detailed one reminds me of Kenner's action figure. It would be nice to see what it looks like without the sandtrooper. Supported on CUUSOO, commented too. BTW what program did you render in?

It's about time we get a new dewback. This more detailed one reminds me of Kenner's action figure. It would be nice to see what it looks like without the sandtrooper. Supported on CUUSOO, commented too. BTW what program did you render in?

The program used for the building was the ever faithful LDD to POVRAY and the dewback created in 3ds max then cobbled together in photoshop.

8301973916_f96fb6cfcf_z.jpg

This is pretty. I'd love to get this set.

My only comment would be to add some play feature to the building.

This is pretty. I'd love to get this set.

My only comment would be to add some play feature to the building.

Thanks for the comment.

Initially the play features are the sliding door and Threepio hidey hole as displayed on CUUSOO

Cheers.

I love the design, it seems pretty consistent with how Lego handles creatures currently, a nice mix between detailed and cartoony. I suggest you move the spots down a pinch so the slope bricks wouldn't need printing. Otherwise though it's right on the mark.

We really need new Jawa's too.

Wow, that Dewback looks awesome! It looks just like something Lego would design, and they have been making larger molded creatures and figures lately, so this could totally happen.

Hmmm, you know I had said to Borex that the Mos Eisley Cantina would be better as one set; if they can't fit a Dewback into a large Cantina model, something like this with a large chunk of connectable Cantina to complement a larger set could work out well. As long as two sets is enough to spread out some of the must-have Cantina characters.

Thanks for the comment.

Initially the play features are the sliding door and Threepio hidey hole as displayed on CUUSOO

Cheers.

I noticed there were no flick-fire missiles. :wink:

I noticed there were no flick-fire missiles. :wink:

Laughing... I read right through the pun sorry

Edited by Daiman

It looks awesome! I'd maybe do something a little different with the saddle though. Those half pyramids don't quite cut it for me. Even an old school lego saddle would probably look ok. I'm definitely giving my support to this though!

Nice idea :thumbup: :thumbup: Personally I'd like that the dewback has a longer tail as in the films :wink:

I think this is a great idea. I never got the chance to get the first dewback. This one has great detail but I believe that if LEGO made it, it would either be less detailed or be in an expensive full cantina set.

Honestly, that thing is awesome! Since Lego has been releasing new figure with alot more detail, then before. The Dewback is sorely in need of a re-release. We got Jabba, a Rancor, a Dewback should coming soon.

Thanks for the hard work, Jamie

Great Job Daiman! The Building looks really nice and that Dewback is just perfect. I hope we see a dewback next year in a new Mos Eisley Cantina set similar to your design! Again excellent work :thumbup:

Nice! Let's get Lego to make Mos Eisley-sets instead of Hoth-sets ----> i want that dewback

And oh yeah you should design a Bantha with a Tusken Raider outpost-set as well!

Edited by Borex