After spending a year and a half creating my Porsche 911, I decided to make a smaller and simpler car, but keeping some of the complexity of my previous creations.

But at the same time I wanted to follow the line to create all my cars on a scale between 1/7.5 and 1/8.5. So if I wanted to make a small car, I had to choose a very small car, a mini car we ... doing a MINI!!

aCIMG1659.JPG

The final scale is 1/7.8, which is exactly the same as the Bugatti Veyron, and the final dimensions are only 23 studs wide, 49 long and 22.5 high. Looking this size I created a big scale car, but in mid-size :).

CIMG1572.JPG

It has a 4-cylinder transverse front fake engine, and as a curiosity the order of the cylinders follows the same order as a real, not like 99% of MOCs and technic sets.

Of course it is front wheel drive like the Mini and steering with functional steering wheel.

CIMG1584.JPG

CIMG1576.JPG

And the best for the end, this little car has a secret under that little hood, it has 4-speed sequential gearbox. The size is only 11x10x8 studs.

With this gearbox I close the discussion about the sequential gearboxes are too big for use in medium-sized cars.

The sequencing mechanism is one of the many versions of the Porsche's gearbox discarded.

CIMG1585.JPG

As you can see in this last picture all electrical components are in the bottom of the car under the seats to maximize interior space.

CIMG1587.JPG

And to finish a little video:

More info and pictures in sheepo.es

I hope you like it!!

Edited by Sheepo

Lovely lines, instantly recognizable. Well done. So is this a sneek preview of TLGs Flagship for 2H 2012????

Hi

man, is that a great build of a iconic car. Especially the small wheels fits extremely well to the whole design and makes it easy to recognize. If others are mostly likesnyour technical skills with that model i am most impressed by the design. I was not sure if that degree of detail and preciseness is possible just with technic parts.

Dino

By golly, I think you've captured the bloomin' "moustache grille" quite well! :grin:

MiniMK1_minicooper.jpg

Wow. You really nailed it with this design. I am in awe of not only the technical aspect (which in all seriousness might as well be black magic to me, as an absolute beginner in Technic) but the design. There's no mistaking that for any other car in the world. So, if the 911 took you a year and half, how long did this one take?

Great model! I need to spend some time trying to understand how you built it!

Would you like to put it in LEGO Cuusoo?

My personal Supercar top 3:

1. Bugatti Veyron, by Sheepo

2. Porsche 911, by Sheepo

3. Mini Cooper, by Sheepo

In other words: I think Sheepo is one of the best Technic builders around at this moment.

Awesome small, instantly recognisable and fun model. Juts one critique. I think softer springs would work better!

Completely agree with you!!, but unfortunately a softer springs can not support the car corretly :(

Wow, it's almost the size of a real one :wink:

Very well done! My compliments! default_thumbup.gif

In addition to the fantastic gearbox, engine and motor placement, and overall styling of this Mini, I like that the steering wheel is on the right, and that it has Ackermann steering. Nice work :thumbup:

Edited by Splat

[...]So, if the 911 took you a year and half, how long did this one take?

Only a few weeks. ;)

@Sheepo,

I wonder if it is possible to build this model with 8070 and 8258 parts. Off course you would need extra PF-parts.

Edited by Dutch_EE

My personal Supercar top 3:

1. Bugatti Veyron, by Sheepo

2. Porsche 911, by Sheepo

3. Mini Cooper, by Sheepo

In other words: I think Sheepo is one of the best Technic builders around at this moment.

Sheepo's models are fantastic, he is truly in a class all his own. :thumbup:

Jurgen, I think your models are quite innovative and beautifully constructed as well. :classic: