Kodan Black

[O - E02] All The Live Long Day

Tags: Science, Land Vehicle, Space Vehicle, Civil Building

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

As the corporation continues to try and protect itself I was transferred from the OCS Belle Homme over to our newest battleship the OCS Excelsior. Most people seem to refer to it as the OCS Excessive. I guess when CEO pombe decided to have it built his explanation was: "Everyone knows that bigger is better. Therefore biggest is best." It produces enough electricity to power the main cities on Farmolis. It produces enough thrust to actually impact planetary rotation. And it has enough weaponry to bombard a planet into being devoid of life. Fortunately with typical Octan efficiency we've automated most functions and have robots do the majority of the work, so despite being the size of a small moon it can be crewed by as few as 10 Octan employees! One of the Weapons Engineers told me they had to upgrade the armor and anchor points of the main triple turret as it initially fired with enough power to actually buckle the plating around it and they had a pressure leak. He said it was lucky our corporation is so invested in robots as they lost a couple robots but no human lives!

24787552656_c7829165d9_c.jpg

24518295440_0d30bfaa19_c.jpg

Once again CEO pombe tasked ED-208 with our protection on Jurin II. He needed Dr. Allison and myself to head down to the planet for some analysis of some rock chunks to help refine the search for Awesomnium. On the shuttle down to the planet I was temporarily lulled into seeing a dump truck without realizing the scale. It was only once I had figured out that the things next to the dump truck were buildings I recognized the sheer scale of the vehicle! It was absolutely enormous. One of Octan's subsidiary companies apparently made it and it was so massive that they end up breaking it down into many components just to transport it from planet to planet.

24695967082_fd9d8359ec_c.jpg

Once on the surface we made our way to the mining outpost and got to work. ED-208 was ever vigilant on guard while Dr. Allison started her analysis. I decided to get my hands a bit dirty and do a more personal review. I noticed there were different deposits within the sample and even differing qualities of the Awesomnium present. While I'm not a geologist by training, I did find it interesting work. The mining robots we saw were brand new, clearly the corporation values the resources here. I will admit the robots are kind of annoying as every time you talk to them they say "Roger, Roger". ED-208 was clearly amusing himself with his less advanced cousins because he kept asking them things so they would say "Roger, Roger" over and over.

24720334591_52d913323d_c.jpg

The mining outpost buildings were new and very clean. I was actually surprised to find them so sterile given the nature of the job, but one of the workers explained that mining involves a lot of science (like we were doing) and that you wouldn't want contamination causing the corporation to pursue Awesomnium at the wrong place which would be very expensive.

Extra Pics:

Had to remove one side to get it to balance on end...

24813817895_f2fa24b62f_c.jpg

24186960203_923e310e6a_c.jpg

24787553356_8e96827ec0_c.jpg

24446164789_9a636aa88a_c.jpg

24186960503_4c352bb487_c.jpg

24186960773_d5b92084a0_c.jpg

24185637884_cb4c038d5a_c.jpg

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg I, too, have balance issues because of how big mine is. Though, I don't recommend removing one side, in my case, just for photography reasons.

19793749204_610b75bfb7_t.jpg

Nice ship and outpost. I know you've done it before, but I still really like the use of crates to texture the walls.