Srbandrews

Rivendell MOC (Council of Elrond)

This is a MOC I've been working on for a little while, just slowly adding bits and pieces as the mood takes me. As you can see, it's based on the Council of Elrond set; I liked the style that they used for the little pavilion part that I bought a couple of extra cheap 'no-minifig' sets on eBay and expanded it a bit. I added a custom Glorfindel figure as, though he doesn't appear in the movie, he is present at the council in the book. For his figure, I was influenced by the fact that Tolkien had at one time considered Glorfindel for one of the blue wizards before he decided that they would all be maia. I really wish I had a better camera for this one: More images in this album

mPhQVLv.jpg?1

9SKhHsf.jpg?1

qcbL9Rx.jpg?1

TL4BbUT.jpg?1

Edited by Srbandrews

Woah! That is awesome! I like how you added the extra story (the one with Bilbo on it) and the second set of stairs.

Edited by coolguy2323

I agree, that added tower is a nice touch. Although I think I would have built it in white to correlate with the upper builds of the original design.

I've been meaning to add to my Rivendell set and I could see myself adding in a tower similar to that.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. TheLegoDr, I originally built the middle section of the tower in white - even went as far as ordering the arch pieces from bricklink - but when it was built it just looked overwhelmingly white and not quite as I'd hoped. If I had the pieces I probably would have rebuilt it in dark tan.

With regard to the tower, this was really my first moc since childhood and the idea would never have got off the ground if I hadn't been visiting my parents when I first conceived of it and been able to dig out those old white Fabuland arches from their granary. They pretty much made the whole thing viable and the tower would have looked pretty dull without them.

wow, one of the best council of elrond MOC i have ever see :-) maybe i re-build my own council and make the buildings from 2 sides and one tower as you have :-)

Very cool! I've bought a couple extra COEs as well and already had a few ideas of how to integrate them, but had never thought of building up like you did here. The tower looks great - I'll definitely try that when I start playing with mine.

Great work :classic:

It's nice to see how you expanded the official Council of Elrond set. Especially the tower looks fantastic!