Siegfried

What is the deal with shop.lego.com?

Lately I have noticed some odd flaws at shop.lego.com. For example;

1. Yesterday the MTT was frontpaged with the new Harry Potter castle, but when I clicked on it all that was shown was an error page. It was changed a few hours later.

2. When the Death Star was half price is went from "Sale" to "Sold" to removed to "Sale" and then back to normal.

3. When I bought something that was on sale I missed out on buying it as it sold out, even though it wasn't marked as "call us" until two days after I bought it. (They did apoligise for this and happily changed my order when I complained; they even upgraded my shipping.)

4. The MTT appeared on the site for many countries a few weeks ago and then vanished the next day, and to the best of my knowledge it still isn't avalible on the site for any countries.

Does anyone know why this happens, and why it seems (to me) to be common? Do you think they are just trying to tease me? (I really am looking forward to the MTT!)

Lately I have noticed some odd flaws at shop.lego.com. For example;

1. Yesterday the MTT was frontpaged with the new Harry Potter castle, but when I clicked on it all that was shown was an error page. It was changed a few hours later.

2. When the Death Star was half price is went from "Sale" to "Sold" to removed to "Sale" and then back to normal.

3. When I bought something that was on sale I missed out on buying it as it sold out, even though it wasn't marked as "call us" until two days after I bought it. (They did apoligise for this and happily changed my order when I complained; they even upgraded my shipping.)

4. The MTT appeared on the site for many countries a few weeks ago and then vanished the next day, and to the best of my knowledge it still isn't avalible on the site for any countries.

Does anyone know why this happens, and why it seems (to me) to be common? Do you think they are just trying to tease me? (I really am looking forward to the MTT!)

I noticed most of the above. I believe the MTT was on the site for a short while to ascertain customer reaction. I believe it was mentioned in another post that there were only a limited number of these sets available initially and a few members here picked up sets. You can be sure I'll be checking the prices when it reappears (if only I could find the piece of paper I scribbled the info down on).

Another unusual thing, pointed out in another thread was that the KKII castle, available at half price on the European version of LS@H in the Product Collections page never appeared at all in the Sales and Deals page!!!

The other thing I've noticed is that the prices of new waves of Star Wars sets have increased shortly after launch. Most of the more expensive early 2007 sets were initially launched at prices lower than the current offering. Also Cafe Corner suffered the same fate (a

Do you think they are just trying to tease me? (I really am looking forward to the MTT!)

I don't know about the availability in "Chair" but here in The Netherlands that MTT is already available in normail toystores for about two weeks now.

Perhaps you could go out and buy it somewhere?

:-)

I believe the MTT was on the site for a short while to ascertain customer reaction. I believe it was mentioned in another post that there were only a limited number of these sets available initially and a few members here picked up sets. You can be sure I'll be checking the prices when it reappears (if only I could find the piece of paper I scribbled the info down on).

That never occured to me, and I have never noticed any price change myself. I hope that the MTT doesn't go any higher as $180 AUD is high enough. Have you ever noticed a set go lower?

Another unusual thing, pointed out in another thread was that the KKII castle, available at half price on the European version of LS@H in the Product Collections page never appeared at all in the Sales and Deals page!!!

Yes, I noticed that but forgot to mention it. Thanks for your thoughts and comments!

I don't know about the availability in "Chair" but here in The Netherlands that MTT is already available in normail toystores for about two weeks now.

Perhaps you could go out and buy it somewhere?

:-)

I hope so. I am in Australia (sitting on a chair) and the last new sets that I have seen here were the Aqua Raiders and new Creator sets. I am still waiting for the new City sets.

i'm gonna move this to the bst forum, people. the embassy is a forum for ambassador matters

i'm gonna move this to the bst forum, people. the embassy is a forum for ambassador matters

My apoligies. I thought that this was the correct section for a discussion on the Lego site.

Edited by Sinner

well i'd say this is about the selling channel of the Lego group, not so much news or anything...