Sign in to follow this  
Happy Brixx

Rendering LDraw models using LeoCAD and POV-Ray - Creating A Step By S

Good morning,

after I followed this amazing instruction I could create a nice picture of my MOC with POV-Ray.

Now I would like to create a building instruction. Every step should be a nice rendered picture created with POV-Ray.

My idea:

• I open MLCad and set some steps in the LDraw Project file of my MOC
  • I open the file with LDView - just the way as I created a picture with POV-Ray for the hole MOC before I wanted to create a building instruction
  • I go back to the first step and I see the first bricks in LDView
  • I go to "File" => "Export..." and create a POV-Ray scene source file - just the way as I created it for the hole MOC before I wanted to create a building instruction
  • I open the POV-Ray scene source file with POV-Ray and "Run" - just the way as I created it for the hole MOC before I wanted to create a building instruction

Sadly POV doesn't like my idea: the hole MOC is rendered and not only the first bricks.

So I would be very happy if somebody could help me again.

Maybe there is even a way that I get POV-Ray to do all the steps I put in in MLCad, automaticly?

How do you create instructions if you want to use nice pictures which were rendered by POV-Ray?

Thank you very much,

Happy Brixx

Edited by Happy Brixx

The old LPub (version 2 or 3 I believe) had an option to render all the steps with LDview or with POV-Ray, but in the newer version (version 4) that was removed. However, the newer version has some other updates and things that aren't in 3. And, the quality is a lot lower when rendering the steps using LPub and POV-ray, it will look like this (watch out! That's a very outdated page).

I don't really know another way to render all steps in POV-ray, except saving every step in a seperate file...

Probably not the advice you want to hear but I ended up doing them by hand, using a snap shot from LDD and slowly taking apart the model snap shooting each time, then using MS Publisher to creat the parts list ETC. I think the result is much better.