Hi there,

my first post - I hope I don't make mistakes :)

My problem: we would like to build a train station in LDD and need an old decorated brick and tile for the ticket machine:

- tile, decorated 1 x 2 3070bp06: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3070bp06

- brick, decorated 1 x 2 3004pc0: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3004pc0

I would appreciate a solution very much and would like to thank with a small coupon - if that's okay.

Kind regards,

Happy Brixx

First of, welcome to EuroBricks and this digital design subforum! :classic:

For your question, well, the short answer is: you can't.

You can't import bricks or decorations into LDD. And, those old bricks and decorations probably will never be added, because, well, they are old. :sweet:

You can render the image with LDD2POV-ray and replace the decorations with an image file of your own. So, if you create an image with the decoration you can render the image with that decoration instead of another one. Here is some more information. :classic:

Do note that the decoration is still not in the lxf file, it's just in the rendered image. But, you can't really do anything more than that (without hacking stuff I don't know about, which is forbidden).

Hi again,

thank you very much for your fast reply. Your response sounds very professionally!

So it seems to be easier to use MLCad where these old patterns are still available - before rendering - I'll have to try to install all the stuff successfully again - didn't work yet :)

I'll also send you a PM.

Thank you very much,

Happy Brixx

Edit: I am sorry but I can't write you a PM, yet. Please contact me via happybrixx[AT]gmail[DOT]com if I may give you a small coupon for your help.

Edited by legolijntje
edited email to avoid spambots

Thanks very much for your offer, but I don't need a coupon now, I'm glad I could help. :classic:

Yes, MLcad is the way to go then (or my favorite: SR3D Builder). Although, not all patterns are available in LDraw either, but still a lot more than in LDD.

If you have any problems with MLcad (or other LDraw stuff) feel free to ask. There's almost always someone on the forum who can help solve the problem(s) :wink: