KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

The second set I got had the good legs on them... Besides, the NYTF figure has plain dark red legs and can easily be swapped out for official ones to make it that bit closer.

I don't get these sets for official figures (at least those that don't cost £100s) so I just give the iffy leg ones away.

Can't believe it but I think I just bought a bootleg Decool -i.e. a cheaper knockoff ofthe cheap knock off by Decool - the TMNT series 1 6pc minifig. I'm usually really thorough with vetting my bootlegs but this one looks identical - same rubbish stickers and all - but the plastic is worse and the legs and hips are not Decool. It's rather funny. So beware bootleg purveyors. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lot-of-6-Sets-Minifigures-Mutant-Ninjago-Ninja-Turtles-Building-Block-Toys-HT-/301243840244?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item46238836f4

Can't believe it but I think I just bought a bootleg Decool -i.e. a cheaper knockoff ofthe cheap knock off by Decool - the TMNT series 1 6pc minifig. I'm usually really thorough with vetting my bootlegs but this one looks identical - same rubbish stickers and all - but the plastic is worse and the legs and hips are not Decool. It's rather funny. So beware bootleg purveyors. http://www.ebay.com....=item46238836f4

I have some of these. Some of the early decool figs weren't up to the same level of quality they manage now, is all it is.

I have some of these. Some of the early decool figs weren't up to the same level of quality they manage now, is all it is.

Oh. Yeah. Could be. I checked Diggers review and the hips moulding differed completely. But they were a close match. Quality has improved a lot then. Thanks for the assist.

Hi, this may be my first post, but I've been stalking around this thread for a while now. :P

Does anyone know a ebay seller that sells this set around the same price? All I found on ebay are around $19 price mark.

http://www.aliexpres...1962127650.html

Search on EBay for "building" keyword in the "toys and hobbies" category with your search country set for China under the advanced settings - go by ending date. Throw in another key word - batman or 4, 6 or 8 (the number of sets / figures in the release) or 4pcs, 6pcs etc or minifig ... to narrow it down. Change if nothing comes up. Look at the pictures carefully. Digger318 has a very good flickr account with most series sorted by manufacturer to work from - or look at his youtube stuff.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Pcs-Super-Hero-Chariot-Airship-Fighter-Minifigure-Spider-Bat-Man-Block-Toy-/301271797502?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item462532cefe

Not cheaper though. I found the spider bike by this seller separate... So have a look through his store for auctions?

I've bought from this guy before. Slow but ok.

Mail was slow that is.

Oh. Yeah. Could be. I checked Diggers review and the hips moulding differed completely. But they were a close match. Quality has improved a lot then. Thanks for the assist.

No probs. TMNT figs were why I took an interest in bootlegs in the first place, so I've seen most 'waves' of turtles in particular.

And I think these figures *might* be the Doll brand that people here have been searching for? Judging by the inclusion of a Superior Spider-man fig, anyway. No Dark Phoenix though. :(

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/total-12-marvel-super-hero-the-avengers-Nick-Hulk-Thor-Deadpool-building-block-sets-with-auto/2050137789.html

Ow nice. Mr. Fantastic with the long Toy Story legs and arms. Silver Surfer and Pyro (odd choice). And is the Human Torch translucent or is that me wanting that he is translucent?

Too bad they didn't do Namor instead of Pyro. But we'll get Pyro!! :-D!

Edited by Borex

SY wins! Ha!

Ordering those now.... I was tempted to pick up a custom set of 3 but they were $75... Giving us these with extended legs and some new figures is a no brainer.

Set ordered! Looking forward to these arriving now! The hair change on RR is also a big plus point over Decool not to mention the boot printing!

I've got a feeling we'll get a nice print but I fear it'll be light bley... I hope I'm wrong... Better than nothing though!

Ow nice. Mr. Fantastic with the long Toy Story legs and arms. Silver Surfer and Pyro (odd choice). And is the Human Torch translucent or is that me wanting that he is translucent?

Too bad they didn't do Namor instead of Pyro. But we'll get Pyro!! :-D!

Tbh I think pyro is included because of the use of the new fire pieces which can be used for both human torch and pyro. Also the hair piece is used for both pyro and 'flame on' version of human torch

These sets look amazing! Knock-offs or not, they are an amazing addition to anyones collection and would be the same as buying custom made ones so it doesn't really matter if its not legitimate! :)

Wow, FF four set is pretty good. The Mr fantastic seems better than Decool along with the human torch. Pyro and silver surfer are just icing on the cake :3