KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

That TDK Batman doesn't look too bad actually.. It'll be a decent placeholder until I get the Tumbler set.

I'm so glad the ZEA has turned out well... I just hope that some day we get a decent copy/custom of the 2011 version and my collection will be complete. I know some people will say that your collection is never complete until you have an original version but to be honest the quality of some of the SY figures has been superb and with proper arms, hands and cape this should be about as good as anyone need get without paying £120 upwards for a figure. If it was Decool I might feel a little differently about it.

I will never understand why collectors hate that SY and decool are making cheap replicas that anybody can afford. Technically unless the legs have one of a kind prints, you're mainly just paying for the unique torso and headpiece. Hell for the SDCC 2011 Batman and the 2012 Black suit Superman the only thing unique was the torso.

I'm not bashing against authentic collectors, but I can't justify myself paying $100-200 on one figure, I can only justify myself if I actually attend the comic con convention and win it.

Edited by Kire

got my ironman lab today!

It looks cool

I still have not assembled my lab

Wanna make an ironman lab tower

I will never understand why collectors hate that SY and decool are making cheap replicas that anybody can afford. Technically unless the legs have one of a kind prints, you're mainly just paying for the unique torso and headpiece. Hell for the SDCC 2011 Batman and the 2012 Black suit Superman the only thing unique was the torso.

I'm not bashing against authentic collectors, but I can't justify myself paying $100-200 on one figure, I can only justify myself if I actually attend the comic con convention and win it.

Sorry that i can only afford to pay for sy and decool superhero and chima minifig

I just want to see them sitting nicely on my shelf and thats all, no matter they are boot or not boot

It looks cool

I still have not assembled my lab

Wanna make an ironman lab tower

Sorry that i can only afford to pay for sy and decool superhero and chima minifig

I just want to see them sitting nicely on my shelf and thats all, no matter they are boot or not boot

I think you misread my post. I only buy SY and Decool figures mainly for the SDCC exclusive replicas. I own none of the authentic SDCC exclusives and I can never justify myself spending $100 for figure when I can spend $5. Also likewise, I mainly just have my figures on display.

How did ordering of Engtaobao work, do they add postage in after you have initially paid for the order?

Once the order has arrived with Engtaobao you then have to select your shipping option and pay for that. It actually worked out a little more than AE but I went for the express shipping to get it here quick.

I figured if I get it around and have it on eBay quickly I've got a good chance of making my money back giving me the ZEA for nothing.

8 Spiderman figs arrived today. SY brand. They do feel a bit cheap.

I think they were one of the first sets that SY put out... along with the Superman set... everything about them feels a bit iffy... Since then the legs moulds are far better, arm moulds, torso... basically every mould has been improved as well as the plastic used and not forgetting the quality of the design and print.

I still think the clone of the Batman wave this year was a high point in quality for them... they were almost identical to the official figures even when compared next to each other. If they show that level of quality consistently going forward then I'll pick up every one of their figures that Lego doesn't produce.

I still think the clone of the Batman wave this year was a high point in quality for them... they were almost identical to the official figures even when compared next to each other. If they show that level of quality consistently going forward then I'll pick up every one of their figures that Lego doesn't produce.

Are you referring to this SY 8 minifig Batman set with the hard wings instead of the capes?

btmn.jpg

Edited by dirk

Are you referring to this SY 8 minifig Batman set with the hard wings instead of the capes?

No... the version that included Batgirl, Nightwing, Penguin, Joker's Goon etc... they were really well done.

Hello guys,

I'm new here, just been reading this post for all day long.

Thanks to all of you, I made up my mind and I just ordered my first bootleg minifigures from aliexpress (41 pieces : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/41pcs-lot-marvel-super-hero-spiderman-batman-Figures-Building-Blocks-Sets-Minifigures-Bricks-Classic-Toys-Compatible/2000731233.html ) to start my collection.

The most difficult will be the wait, but during that time I enjoy watching the reviews.

Is any of you received the Batman SY203 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SY203-4pcs-lot-super-heros-batman-Motorcycle-batpod-building-block-toys-The-Avengers-batman-figures-blocks/2041365825.html ) featuring the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh ?

My local cheap Asian mart has random Lele, Sheng Yuan and rubbish brands of bootleg minifig boxes. You can buy them singly. Might check out box hill chinatown for some kicks and see what they have as I often don't want an entire run. It would be good to get just what I want. It was $2.2 a figure (Australian). Tried to educate the store lady to get Sheng Yuan brand. But they just get what they get - I think she thought I was nuts. Grabbed the penguin. He has little legs which are articulated in three peices like the big lego legs. I found myself preferring them much more to the static little lego legs. Tongue twister. This is the penguin from the batman set that Robianco refers too. Very cool.

I already had the batgirl from that set. She's nice but her hair is disappointing and it's stuck on her head. :( decool batgirl hair / mask is better from memory. But the body of the SY is better. So mix and match.

Is there anywhere on the 'net that you can see a complete line up of the minifigs / sets offered by the various bootleg companies? I know you can see a whole lot on AE and EBay but you can never really see what is totally out there.

Hard to believe still no news about the GOTG Decool wave, I really want to see what will follow after the GOTG wave since it seems that Decool has caught up with Lego, set wise, here's to another 6 figure wave with hopefully SDCC Rocket Raccoon, the Collector, Masked wolverine, storm, ZEA batman and cyclops or headmaster Magneto.

Is there anywhere on the 'net that you can see a complete line up of the minifigs / sets offered by the various bootleg companies? I know you can see a whole lot on AE and EBay but you can never really see what is totally out there.

Here a list I found with various bootleg companies (minifigures and set) : http://mybrickstore.blogspot.fr/p/minifigures.html

Hard to believe still no news about the GOTG Decool wave, I really want to see what will follow after the GOTG wave since it seems that Decool has caught up with Lego, set wise, here's to another 6 figure wave with hopefully SDCC Rocket Raccoon, the Collector, Masked wolverine, storm, ZEA batman and cyclops or headmaster Magneto.

I know, I thought they would be available by now too! Can't find any information at all on the net.

I'm working on it on my website. If anyone wants to help get in touch. At the moment it's just me doing it and I don't have the the time or money to buy and photograph everything that's released.

http://www.herobloks.co.uk

1bgSCG1.jpg

i bought two decool's Johnny Storm and colored hair red then give to human torch

is it look ok?

Yeah, i like it!

On a side note. I have been REALLY interested in the custom hulk big figs people are customizing. I see some people are molding and casting there own. Anyone ever seen a mold for one of them? Id really like to give it a shot but just am unsure if a one piece mold or two piece is the way to go.

hmmm sheng yuan has really stepped their game up with this wave. The figures are almost Lego quality now. I'm definitely going to buy this 4 piece set once, the Decool GOTG wave is released...hurry up Decool.

I'm not even that big of a DC fan, but the ZEA Batman looks so flashy I want it, only thing that SY can do now to top Lego is....hear me out on this, but have muscle arm prints on all figures, I've seen some customizers do this and charge obscene prices if SY did this since it seems their arm molds are on Lego level it would be amazing.

Got my Hulks today

hulk1.jpg

The QC definitely isnt the greatest

hulk2.jpg

Edited by gauz