KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I don't know about Ice Man though. I'm not really keen on the eyebrows, and the black jeans. But changing jeans is hard to do with the printed X. Seeing them on the bigger screen i have to say that some of those prints look like real cheap printing styles.

The iceman is based on this Custom http://www.minifigur...tom-minifigure/ . All these designs are taken from existing customs available on ebay or other sites, which cost about 50x the price (no exaggeration) of the bootlegs. Even if there's some quality loss...honestly no contest.

Personally I was hoping they would clone this one with glittery transparent plastic, by far the best 'ice' translation I've seen to date.

normal-c0e70abfcd3fca64-45080258.jpg

Edited by joelyface

The pogo Mystique is also slightly different than the Xinh one. Xinh has blue print for the dots, Pogo black, but her arms are printed so that's a plus.

I don't know about Ice Man though. I'm not really keen on the eyebrows, and the black jeans. But changing jeans is hard to do with the printed X. Seeing them on the bigger screen i have to say that some of those prints look like real cheap printing styles.

But then again, for less than a dollar, i will definitely purchase these, and maybe someday we can replace them for SY or even better REAL LEGO :-D

If this link is anything to go by, then the XINH one has a douboule sided face, but I doubt the Pogo one will be:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/In-stock-Single-Sale-XINH-227-Marvel-Superhero-Raven-Mystique-MinifiguresX-Men-Set-Model-Figures-Classic/1726607_32653667916.html

So today my Kryptonite Interception set from Lepin arrived. Overall set is good(missing front glass is nothing to me), but minifigures are crap. Especially Batman, he has f'd up printing on torso.

Has any one bought the bootleg At-Dp i keep seeing on ebay. I tried looking for a review and the only thing that comes up is that scalper scum brickshow's rant about bootleg saying they try to trick people into thinking its real lego (ive never seen one that said it was real lego)

Does anyone know of an iron man set which features all three of the heartbreaker armour, suitcase armour, and rescue? Or somewhere with them all on single sale? Just there are a load of them and filtering through them isn't easy?

On that note, seeing as some iron man figures are the oldest of the bootlegs, is their print quality generally good? Like the decool Tony Stark, Mk 1, etc set I got is alright, but the prints are slightly off in that you could wear them away quite easily. Did I just get a bad set or were they all like that?

Edited by mooproxy

Does anyone know of an iron man set which features all three of the heartbreaker armour, suitcase armour, and rescue? Just there are a load of them and filtering through them isn't easy?

On that note, seeing as some iron man figures are the oldest of the bootlegs, is their print quality generally good? Like the decool Tony Stark, Mk 1, etc set I got is alright, but the prints are slightly off in that you could wear them away quite easily. Did I just get a bad set or were they all like that?

SY179 has suitcase and rescue, pictures here: http://mybrickstore....re-ironman.html

Edited by abby17

To be honest... a lot of those photos look like digitally printed figures. I'm assuming they may be the customs they're cloned from.

It's certainly very exciting for Marvel fans to have things such as She-Hulk etc available relatively cheaply. I'm sure Agoodfella will be interested in what parts can be appropriated from them to create better customs.

There must be a lack of DC customs out there for them to copy.

To be honest... a lot of those photos look like digitally printed figures. I'm assuming they may be the customs they're cloned from.

It's certainly very exciting for Marvel fans to have things such as She-Hulk etc available relatively cheaply. I'm sure Agoodfella will be interested in what parts can be appropriated from them to create better customs.

There must be a lack of DC customs out there for them to copy.

Yup, a bunch of those are custom clones. and I will def. be picking these up if only -- as you correctly said -- for spare parts! :)

today i saw new decool mf at fleamarket

but...when i opened

it was exatly same as xinh's one

Would you post some pics for these? Thx!

Does anyone know where to find the Decool set featuring the suitcase iron man armour (Decool 0122)? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

So I'm working on a list of all the iron man bootlegs, and have run out of ideas. Was wondering if any of you fine folks would be able to give me a hand completing it. I'll copy-paste it below. Essentially the format is that if a version is in brackets, it means it's of passable but not as good quality, like the suitcase armour is best in Decool form. The SY one isn't as good but is passable.

Numbered Suits:

Mk. 1 – Decool 0168

Mk. 2 – Decool 0123 (SY179)

Mk. 4 – Decool 0162

Mk. 5 (Suitcase) – Decool 0122 (SY179)

Mk. 6 – Decool 0126

Mk. 7 – SY185

Mk. 16 (Nightclub) – Decool 0167 (SY179)

Mk. 17 (Heartbreaker) – SY185

Mk. 20 (Python) – SY262

Mk. 21 (Midas) – Decool 0163

Mk. 22 (Hot Rod) – SY262

Mk. 25 (Striker) – SY262

Mk. 33 (Silver Centurion) – SY295 (Decool 0124)

Mk. 35 (Red Snapper) – Decool 0166 (SY179)

Mk. 36 (Peacemaker) – SY262

Mk. 38 (Igor) – Decool 0231

Mk. 39 (Gemini) – Decool 0164 (SY179)

Mk. 40 (Shotgun) – Decool 0125 (SY179)

Mk. 41 (Bones) – SY262

Mk. 42 – SY185

Mk. 45 –

Other Suits/Characters:

Space – X0109/228

Underwater – X0109/233

Hulkbuster – SY357

Tony Stark – Decool 0160

Rescue – SY179

War Machine – Decool 0165

War Machine (Civil War) – X0104/266

Iron Patriot – Decool 0161

Bleeding Edge – SY185
Edited by mooproxy

I have been working on a list of all the iron man bootlegs and came to this:

Your Space, Underwater an Hulkbuster are my 39, 37 and 44, and I think the decool you only can find in taobao, it's a old set

Decool 160 it's that set with 9 minifigures

MK 1 Flamethower - Decool 160

MK 2 Prototype Flight - SY179

MK 3 Red and Gold - SY161

MK 4 MK3 Upgrade - Decool 160

MK 5 Suitcase - SY179 (SY262)

MK 6 Triangular Arc - SY185

MK 7 Circular Arc - SY185

MK 15 Sneaky -

MK 16 Night Club - SY179

MK 17 Heartbreaker - SY185

MK 18 Cassanova -

MK 19 Tiger - SY279

MK 20 Python - SY262

MK 21 Midas - Decool 160

MK 22 Hot Rod - SY262

MK 23 Shades -

MK 24 Tank -

MK 25 Striker - SY262

MK 26 Gamma -

MK 27 Disco - SY605

MK 28 Jack - SY605

MK 29 Fiddler - SY605

MK 30 Bluesteel -

MK 31 Piston - SY605

MK 32 Romeo - SY605

MK 33 Silver Centurion - SY295

MK 34 Southpaw -

MK 35 Red Snapper - SY179

MK 36 Peacemaker - SY262

MK 37 Hammerhead - X0109 (SY605)

MK 38 Igor - Decool 0231

MK 39 Gemini - Decool 160

MK 40 Shotgun - SY179

MK 41 Bones - SY185

MK 42 Prodigial Son - SY185

MK 43 AOU v.1 - Decool (0205)

MK 44 Hulkbuster - SY357

MK 45 AOU v.2 - SY271

MK 46 Civil War - X0104

WAR MACHINE MK 1 - SY262

WAR MACHINE MK 2 - Decool 160

WAR MACHINE MK 3 - X0104

Iron Patriot - SY185

Rescue - SY179

Bleeding Edge - SY185

Iron Legion - SY275

Tony Stark - Decool 160

Iron Lantern - SY262

Edited by abby17

Your Space, Underwater an Hulkbuster are my 39, 37 and 44, and I think the decool you only can find in taobao, its a old set

That's a good list. It's a shame about the suitcase - it's still better than both the SY variants. I can only hope either it'll pop up on Ali, or someone will make a new version.

Has any one bought the bootleg At-Dp i keep seeing on ebay. I tried looking for a review and the only thing that comes up is that scalper scum brickshow's rant about bootleg saying they try to trick people into thinking its real lego (ive never seen one that said it was real lego)

I got the set, but did not build it yet. But it is from the same series as the Tie Advanced, which was a great build. Pieces fit great, figures are looking good and the stickers where on the point. Negative, the Lightsaber hilt of the Inquistor was not a circle, but a normal black hilt.

IMG_8790.jpg

Ok, my build of Lele 79209 Poes X-wing is complete. Only one missing piece (see inset), which i happened to have in my brick stash. Clutch is excellent. Stickers are not centered where cut. Just wish the black bricks weren't as scuffed and dimpled as they are. Otherwise a nice build despite the missing manual.

IMG_8792.jpg

These are the extra pieces leftover and the projectiles which i won't be using.

Edited by dirk

IMG_8790.jpg

Ok, my build of Lele 79209 Poes X-wing is complete. Only one missing piece (see inset), which i happened to have in my brick stash. Clutch is excellent. Stickers are not centered where cut. Just wish the black bricks weren't as scuffed and dimpled as they are. Otherwise a nice build despite the missing manual.

IMG_8792.jpg

These are the extra pieces leftover and the projectiles which i won't be using.

I can see that helmets have transparent visors. That's good, cause one of the compaines made them solid color.

Edited by The Brickmaster

Your Space, Underwater an Hulkbuster are my 39, 37 and 44, and I think the decool you only can find in taobao, it's a old set

Decool 160 it's that set with 9 minifigures

MK 1 Flamethower - Decool 160

MK 2 Prototype Flight - SY179

MK 3 Red and Gold - SY161

MK 4 MK3 Upgrade - Decool 160

MK 5 Suitcase - SY179 (SY262)

MK 6 Triangular Arc - SY185

MK 7 Circular Arc - SY185

MK 15 Sneaky -

MK 16 Night Club - SY179

MK 17 Heartbreaker - SY185

MK 18 Cassanova -

MK 19 Tiger - SY279

MK 20 Python - SY262

MK 21 Midas - Decool 160

MK 22 Hot Rod - SY262

MK 23 Shades -

MK 24 Tank -

MK 25 Striker - SY262

MK 26 Gamma -

MK 27 Disco - SY605

MK 28 Jack - SY605

MK 29 Fiddler - SY605

MK 30 Bluesteel -

MK 31 Piston - SY605

MK 32 Romeo - SY605

MK 33 Silver Centurion - SY295

MK 34 Southpaw -

MK 35 Red Snapper - SY179

MK 36 Peacemaker - SY262

MK 37 Hammerhead - X0109 (SY605)

MK 38 Igor - Decool 0231

MK 39 Gemini - Decool 160

MK 40 Shotgun - SY179

MK 41 Bones - SY185

MK 42 Prodigial Son - SY185

MK 43 AOU v.1 - Decool (0205)

MK 44 Hulkbuster - SY357

MK 45 AOU v.2 - SY271

MK 46 Civil War - X0104

WAR MACHINE MK 1 - SY262

WAR MACHINE MK 2 - Decool 160

WAR MACHINE MK 3 - X0104

Iron Patriot - SY185

Rescue - SY179

Bleeding Edge - SY185

Iron Legion - SY275

Tony Stark - Decool 160

Iron Lantern - SY262

There is a list in the community for iron man suites, if it needs updates post in there and I will update it.

That's a good list. It's a shame about the suitcase - it's still better than both the SY variants. I can only hope either it'll pop up on Ali, or someone will make a new version.

The one that comes with the Lab is really good.