KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Does anybody have a aliexpress link to the new ghost ride set? I know the ghostrider figure is lacking, but i want to add it to my collection.

Does anybody have a aliexpress link to the new ghost ride set? I know the ghostrider figure is lacking, but i want to add it to my collection.

Here you go: SY220.

Edited by gundambob

So the most rapid growth for a company that is already the number one in the world comes from the region that is responsible for the bootleg figures everyone seems to have an issue with. Might be in their best interest to do nothing and let the profits roll in.

My set sy167 with new arm.

Also Thing has the FF emblem on his belt. Most of the old sets didn't have that.

Also Thing has the FF emblem on his belt. Most of the old sets didn't have that.

Good spot! I have two sets of these - just checked and it's one of each type. I wonder how many other figures have had different versions in the same sets? Obviously SY's switch from tapered feet. Also the SY Batman set switched from capes to plastic wings. So what other changes have people noticed?

My set sy167 with new arm.

488488IMG03092015050656HDR.jpg

Ooh which seller on Aliexpress (I assume) dos this come from?

Now I've finally noticed the arm issue, it's driving me mad!

Edited by jangosolo

Ooh which seller on Aliexpress (I assume) dos this come from?

Now I've finally noticed the arm issue, it's driving me mad!

I give up, whats the arm issue?

I'm guessing you are referring to the SY Big Fig?, cause my Decool Thing (which I got ages ago has the "4" logo on the belt)....

Are those new FF arms an update from the old ones or just a personal upgrade with real lego?

The new Antman set looks impressive but I definitely wannt to see photos before I buy. Shame Wasp doesn't seem to have wings

Are those new FF arms an update from the old ones or just a personal upgrade with real lego?

The new Antman set looks impressive but I definitely wannt to see photos before I buy. Shame Wasp doesn't seem to have wings

Yeah would be great if it came with the wings. Check out the dedicated Customization of Bootlegs thread for a post on my MOC wings.

Edited by agoodfella77

For my fellow Jurassic World fans...

11933414_889036487845258_6085428832036455124_n.jpg?oh=5893416de9a13a123662e952bbc2fc62&oe=56749DED

Here's hoping we might see the Rexys from Dino and the Triceratops down the line. I'd love a green Rex. There's also still Raptor designs to burn through.

Btw, the JLB fairies is a decent place to get some wings. It takes a bit of LEGO engineering (you need a trans neck bracket the one that Hawkman uses and then 2 trans round pins that come with the new Friends sets) and voila:

Thanks for the tip! I'll make a note of it.

Edited by JVM

For my fellow Jurassic World fans...

Here's hoping we might see the Rexys from Dino and the Triceratops down the line. I'd love a green Rex. There's also still Raptor designs to burn through.

£26 on Aliexpress! Maybe I'll wait...

AC8A5F90-C83C-4035-98A4-EA5A2B8837F1_zpswmq731tt.jpg

Someone here suggested buying the head for symbiote suit Spider-Man, I did and I gotta say it looks pretty awesome so whoever you are, thanks! :D

Creating Constantine can be pretty easy though... even if it's not perfect.

16980766034_6c01eab9cc_z.jpg

Sorry to jump off topic, but I'd love to cobble together myself a Constantine like that, where'd the jacket come from?

Someone here suggested buying the head for symbiote suit Spider-Man, I did and I gotta say it looks pretty awesome so whoever you are, thanks! :D

If that's the head from Firestar Toys then it was probably me that mentioned it... and you're welcome! ;)

Sorry to jump off topic, but I'd love to cobble together myself a Constantine like that, where'd the jacket come from?

The overcoat was from a seller on eBay called Easton:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-CUSTOM-polycotton-trench-coat-capes-your-Lego-minifig-NO-MINIFIGURE-/281474080013?var=&hash=item8729366cdb

Their capes and overcoats are great. The one I used was 'tan' although it's closer to dark tan as you can see from the minifig's arms. Torso is an Indiana Jones torso... and as someone else mentioned, Star Lord's head works better than Indy's. I've now made that change.