Sign in to follow this  

I'm a newbie at LDD so sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm about to create instructions for a model I have built. But one crucial part that I need does not seem to exist when I search for it - Bracket 1x2 - 1x2, 99781. Then I found a .dat file at ldraw.org/ and they say I should put it in the parts/ directory, or models/ directory, but in my recently updated version of LDD there are no such folders. I tried creating them manually and put the .dat file in there, but they do not show up in LDD what I can see.

So does anyone know how to add missing parts to LDD? Any help would be appreciated!

That part is LDD.

Just switch to extended mode and look in the section with the 1x1 with bracket on it.

There is it.

Edited by bak318

Hmm. Are you using extended mode or the normal LDD mode? It doesn't appear to be there in the normal build mode but it shows up in extended mode. You can use the search box to find the part by its number, 99781.

That part is LDD.

Just switch to extended mode and look in the section with the 1x1 with bracket on it.

There is it.

Hmm. Are you using extended mode or the normal LDD mode? It doesn't appear to be there in the normal build mode but it shows up in extended mode. You can use the search box to find the part by its number, 99781.

Awesome! It workded! :laugh: Thanks a lot guys!

So I just had to choose

View -> New Themes -> LDD Extended

to get access to the 99781 part.

Great that you found it.

I always build in extended mode.

You have all bricks that in ldd and you don't have a lot of the same bricks just in other colours.

Just try it if you like that too.