VintageLegoEra

Lego 6243 BrickBeard's Bounty New Built Review

Hello Guys,As promised,,,here is my new build of this great Pirate ship..:)After more than 20 years i am building a lego again and waooo,,just went baaccck in memory and remembered how fun it was and it is now.. :pir_laugh2:No Matter how old are you as long as you love something and who does not love Lego..hehehEnjoy ! :pir-classic:20140330_154105-1_zps08442198.jpg20140330_153638-1_zpsf97b8887.jpg20140330_153651-1_zps8fbd75d5.jpg20140330_153714-1_zps24532415.jpgCaptain Roger in his Cabin trying to have his Secret Sip drink so he knows what to do with the Governor's Daughter..;)20140330_153935-1_zps141dffb5.jpgLets come to Cons & Pros:

-Cons:

*It just took my less than 45 mins to finish it...hoped it is little long..

*The Windows are wrongly installed in the Manual and you can tell by : the golden cup in the cabin, it is fitted on the table, so if you gonna install the windows as per the manual, you will never ever be able to open it..loool...i did install them the other way and they indeed look more real..you can see from the photo.

*Some bricks are soft when building them on other brick, i mean little loose.

*The big Con is: back then in 80's, the parts ( minifig and the ship bases ) were protected with blisters, so they don't get scratch or dents. But in the modern lego boxes, the parts are swimming inside without any protection, which you will notice, the ship bases are getting scratched, the minifig some has minor dent due to shaking. So i hope Lego will think about this in their new products..:)

*The lantern at the back are loose due to attached to this like clip part..well, if it was vis versa done, it might hold more tight.

*And OMG!!! Where is the campus and the Anchor???--What a shame, i am veeerry disappointed with these 2 main missing parts/features.

-Pros:

*Well definitely will have pros...:),after many years of being away,,i can see many new parts in this which made me amazed.

*Love the Golden parts and Golden Chest.

*Has a sexy look and shape.*Color scheme is Fantastic!

Hope you enjoyed it and more is coming!

Regards

Edited by VintageLegoEra