Sign in to follow this  
Dr Leg O Brick

Dr Leg O'Brick's Superhero Customs

Thanks! Strange how some people really, really look like someone, famous or otherwise.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the John's head, I was thinking about Professor Horton, the guy who made the original Torch, but I ended up looking through the Secret Invasion graphic novel for a friend. At the back their's this list of well, every named Skrull, and he seemed like an interesting one to make. He certainly sticks out amongst the masks, capes, guns, shields and bladed weapons of my Marvel figures.

And your welcome to use my designs, I've had a lot of inspiration from EB, so like I say it's great to give something back, even if it is through a truck load of C and D list Marvel characters!

Any suggestions/recommendations? I've still got loads left to post, with more being made at this moment, from the most obvious to the most obscure and everything in between. I've got a Thor and a Hercules to post tonight, plus a 100% non purist Earth 616 Nick Fury, a fig that I'm very, very, proud of (possibly my favourite custom of my entire collection thus far), but I'm always open to any suggestions anybody has!

And your welcome to use my designs, I've had a lot of inspiration from EB, so like I say it's great to give something back, even if it is through a truck load of C and D list Marvel characters!

Thanks, I've already started work on a Scarlet Spider, but I will add more decals to make him more accurate to the comic books

rosalind14, I just read it and had to make one, thanks! DC characters?!? I don't think I'd have enough parts plus, I just bought contest of champions, so their no stopping me now! Mwhahahah!

Prepare for collective man, le Peregrine, Shamrock, and a whole host of E-Listers! (I kid, possibly :grin:).

In all seriousness, I'm looking at making Hawkman, Zatanna, Rocket Red, green arrow and a few others in the future, but not just yet.

Rinzler, sounds great! I would've added the belt and web launchers, but I didn't have the time when I made him. I would like to add the blue hood soon available though from the classic spaceship in the Lego movie sets!

If/when I get the hood I'll be sure to post a pic. I'm working on Reily's other Spidey costume at the moment.

So, I present, Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD!

13946055048_a6329c12a7_z.jpg

A front view, his SHIELD suit was made by hand while the heads a modified sticker (i.e. I drew his eye patch on).

14129738282_cb96a8f415_z.jpg

A side view, you can see his utility pocket and his arm belt better from this angle.

13946091378_08193055be_z.jpg

A back view, you can see the back of harness and his boots (plus a stray cat hair, sorry about that).

And one more figure tonight,

14129765852_962695ef86_z.jpg

Hercules (Earth-829) AKA Prince of Power mini series Herc.

Enjoy!

So, everyone these days seem to be doing one so...

All my Avengers that are officially Avengers according to the comics, both official, professional customs, and home-made customs.

So, without further ado,

14144325371_9ddf541bf8_z.jpg

Avengers Assemble!

Anyway, for a herculean effort, here is everyone, row by row.

From left to right:

Row 1

Major Victory, Cap, Jarvis

Row 2

Beast, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Thor, Shellhead (Iron Man), Black Panther, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Mr Fantastic, The Invisible Woman

Row 3

Nikki, Charlie 27, Wonder Man, Vision, Wasp, Giant Man, Hulk, Hercules, Black Knight, Thing, The Human Torch

Row 4

Martinex, Thunderstrike, Quicksilver, Spider-Man, War Machine, Namor, Mrs Marvel, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Dr Strange

Row 5

Starhawk, Talon, Daredevil, Justice, Jack Of Hearts, Triathlon, Captain Britain, Havok, Moondragon, Living Lightning

Row 6

Beta Ray Thor, Nova, Jocasta, Sunspot, Cannonball, Darkhawk, Starfox, Swordsman

Row 7

Ares, Demolition Man, Dr Druid, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Dagger, Cloak

Row 8

Stingray, Hellcat

Few! Just to say as well, sorry about my desk intruding on the far left. As you can see, I had to considerably expand my "photography studio" for the picture

Enjoy!!

Thanks as always!

It is! And that's just the official Avengers, I've "inducted" 15 more or so into their ranks (such as Hyperion, Silver Surfer, and a whole other team), and soon a new Thor, Hulk, and Falcon from the AIM lab will join them. I plan someday soon taking a picture of all my customs.

EDIT: Some new figures,

13964258207_bc9425959b_z.jpg

Scarlet Centurion circa Kang War

14148101372_151ebf5225_z.jpg

Improved Gilgamesh

14151123674_46bf76bef1_z.jpg

Thor, Lord of Earth, Earth 3515

Enjoy!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I'm back! With more Spider-Men! And others, don't worry.

14212265563_c013d51e9e_z.jpg

Black and red Spidey

14212304983_c4c295610d_z.jpg

Green Goblin

14212324793_e422cf7df0_z.jpg

Blastaar the living windbag bomb burst!

14189666112_f78ce17209_z.jpg

Improved Doom 2099

14189672782_456e7a5a67_z.jpg

ROM, the Galadorain spaceknight! With jet pack and Dire Wraith neutralizer, I'm really proud of this one.

Enjoy!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I'm back!

14269446886_ffa122087c_z.jpg

Masked Wolverine

14292067474_2d851ae03d_z.jpg

Quasar (trust me, he does have a stared cape from the Harry Potter sets, just very, very hard to see due to the camera angle)

14292604095_9e267b662a_z.jpg

Classic Thor (boots to follow)

14312799083_97d0324610_z.jpg

The big three. Nuff said.

14106051618_626005ea44_z.jpg

Proctor (AKA an evil Black Knight hailing from Earth-374)

14106090280_ba3e40abc8_z.jpg

Viper (I've got a better head, so an update will be forthcoming)

14289395381_5b7e373f14_z.jpg

Logan (Earth-811 AKA Days Of Future past)/regular Logan

Enjoy!!

If you have any comment, anything at all, comments, criticisms, suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

EDIT: Woops, forgot one:

14289435211_d4ec0edb04_z.jpg

Ronin

Again, enjoy!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I've been meaning to order the helmet and wings to do that exact Thor! Looks great!

Robianco

Thank you! I'd been struggling to find wings for ages, I almost used the glow in the dark white Wolverine claws, but I found a picture somewhere of the wings and thought they looked fantastic. They stay plugged in extremely well, much better than most Lego alternatives. I've actually trimmed the hair (via a very unsafe method), when I next take photos I'll make sure a back view is taken.

Good luck when making your own!

rosalind14

Thanks, my next step is boots, and possibly the red two tone cape from some Star Wars sets! Quasar was a mistake in a way, the entire arms/legs/hands belonged to an old Castle figure, a Crusader, whose gold print had worn off like so many. I'd got the head, cape, and bracelets done, added them, and he looked great! Much better in my opinion than a blank red/blue torso.

A few more to come over the next few days, including some new Exiles and an upgraded Longshot!

Wolverine looks great, nice head choice. I also used a Brickforge Savage mask, and I recommend cutting off the chin-strap. It looks much nicer.

Thanks for the suggestion! It was actually a mistake, my mask got stuck on that particular head, and between the "smile", stubble, and almost identical placing of the cheek bones on that head, it does a good job emulating the original. I'll get a few more in the future, so when I do I'll try that. Thanks!

So, some new Exiles that are a bit hit and miss, but before I do, a group shot of my Alpha Flight currently:

14293364071_bc2f752709_z.jpg

So, new Exiles!

14296267584_5cb1164199_z.jpg

Sunfire (Earth-2109)

14317014923_4127d59359_z.jpg

Thunderbird/T-Bird (Earth-1100)

14273718836_bd7f5cb7c2_z.jpg

Longshot

14110198468_8deb54abfc_z.jpg

The Timebroker

Enjoy!

Nice to see some more Exiles :wink: !! Like what you did to Thunderbird's legs, very clever. Timebroker is spot on too. And your Alpha Flight :wub: . If you could get the "P" that ianmrid used on his, it would even more awesome!

Thanks! I agree, I've now got Mimic, Morph, Sunfire, Longshot, T-Bird, Nocturne, and I'm working on Beak and Blink. I'll leave it at that, as I don't want to post more Exiles spoilers! Thanks on T-Birds legs, I was looking at cutting and painting and gluing when it hit me, why not use a cheese slope and a plate?

The Timebroker was someone I completely had disregarded, I hadn't even thought of making him till last night. I was looking through an Exiles guide, looking at who I'd be making next, when it occurred to me, I'd got the torso, why not give it a go? Thanks on Alpha Flight, I'll be sure to get that!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

A few more, I've got quite a few still left to post and, while I have the time, why not post some?

14113026437_432747f46a_z.jpg

The Hood

Pic

http://img3.wikia.no...he_Hood-iOS.png

Info

http://marvel.wikia....bins_(Earth-616)

14276473406_00c6e6f4e1_z.jpg

Improved Taskmaster (modified shield and doubled orange/white cape)

Pic

http://i.annihil.us/...Earth-22000.jpg

Info

http://marvel.wikia....ters_(Earth-616)

14319790263_662d0922fe_z.jpg

Aleta

Pic

http://www.writeups....fiche/4042a.jpg

Info

http://marvel.wikia....gord_(Earth-691)

14113095787_b77bdc7796_z.jpg

Improved (again) Major Victory

Pic

http://static.comicv...jor victory.jpg

Info

http://marvel.wikia....stro_(Earth-691)

14297743792_5f91a99c4e_z.jpg

US Agent

Pic

N/A, I based him on a number of different factors and appearances

Info

http://marvel.wikia....lker_(Earth-616)

14297763732_16b3bfd443_z.jpg

Work in progress Dazzler

Pic

Partly based on this costume: http://www.antaninet...e/d/dazzler.jpg

Info

http://marvel.wikia....aire_(Earth-616)

From now on, I'm also going to add links to pictures of the character, and links to either Marvel Wikipedia or Comic Vine, I'm not sure yet. I'm also going to go back over my older posts and add these pics/links as I understand a lot of these guys aren't exactly well known.

Enjoy!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Thanks for the suggestion! It was actually a mistake, my mask got stuck on that particular head, and between the "smile", stubble, and almost identical placing of the cheek bones on that head, it does a good job emulating the original. I'll get a few more in the future, so when I do I'll try that. Thanks!

I got my Savage mask stuck on my official Wolvie head unfortunately. I think they're all too tight. 7 months later I managed to get it off but the head was too mangled from all my attempts at removing the helmet.

You know doc there is a shield like the one you used for taskmaster in trans red, that would go really well with US agent. You probably can still get it used in BL. Nice job on the customs. And you are right about blastaar, on the "wind content" comment.

KingPixels,

Sorry to hear about your Wolverine. I nearly got mine stuck, it got really, really stuck half way, but between a few minifig neck poles and plying it sideways it got out fine. I thought it may be just the head, so I tried it on the other one and well, you know the rest!

CustomJoe_MD

I think I'm familiar with that shield...I believe it came in some of the classic space sets. The same mould as the much revered grey castle shield, thanks, I'll look into that! At the moment my minifig of Vance Astro has an energy shield I made using one of these:

http://www.bricklink...asp?P=91884pb03

With a trans red dish on top (the same construction as Taskmaster's). The Aztec patterns make it look like energy ripples, but the older shield would look much better due to the grooves.

Thanks! Thing's called him that a few times, over the way windbag goes on about this that and the other. As Captain America said while battling Entropy in a Marvel Two in One, their kind always does that (in regards to villains) .

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

A long for a good Dazzler....she's one of my favourite heroes but I can't seem to get her right. Your one looks like it's on the right track, Dr!

Thanks again! I'm going to add a bandanna, a flesh right arm and blue hand at least to make her more accurate.

rosalind14 asked when I'd make some DC figures. Though these aren't DC figures, their Marvel characters based on DC's JLA (I know, a bit of a stretch!).

14341526621_5bfc0a05cc_z.jpg

Power Princess (if anyone knows a good helmet for her, like in this pic: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11/117763/3098009-powerprincess.jpg , I'd be very grateful!).

14365056253_57e44f37f7_z.jpg

The Whizzer

14158238769_09fab98f58_z.jpg

Doctor Spectrum

14158244369_654e89b2b7_z.jpg

Squadron Supreme so far (I'm working on Lady Lark, Golden Archer, and Nighthawk)

Enjoy!