Sign in to follow this  
TheQ

Locking flex track to different angles?

Hi all,

I have been recently working on some track layouts and I have grown to like the flex track, even if it is flimsy. My major problem with the flex track is that it is hard to lock it to certain angles. The 0 degree angle is easy to make, just but 2x4 or longer plate in the middle but other degrees are harder to achiece. I recently come up with solution for one locking technique that locks the flex to around 6,5 degree curves, i.e. the max curve. The technique of course requires bit more bricks to make the connection stable but you get the idea.

I would like now to ask for other techniques that you have either come up on your own or found online. I did some google-fu but didn't really find any solutions but I think others have come up with brilliant solutions already. So, why don't we make a small info and idea thread about locking the flex track?

post-310-0-75284200-1391394314_thumb.png

Edited by TheQ

Very nice and creative. I think this will pick up fast and everyone will be using this technique.

Nice idea! For me, I tend to lock down my regular track before and after the flexi-track, and then it can't help but stay in place. I look forward to trying this, and seeing if there's more options people come up with.