Just after my birthday las March 2013, I decided to buy the Lego Emerald Night Steam Locomotive Set as a late birthday present, but as the prices for the set were over £150 on Bricklink, I decided to buy the instructions for the Emerald Night Steam Locomotive instructions from Bricklink and build the model in LDD 4, Once I had build the locomotive in LDD 4, I decided to redesign the model in LDD to make it more like the LNER Flying Scotsman Steam Locomotive, and buy the parts I would need to build a physical model from Bricklink, including Shipping and packaging, the cost was 92.46, a week later after i had placed my orders in Bricklink, the parts arrived and I started to build the model.

Below are some photos I have taken recently of my Lego LNER Flying Scotsman model, the front lights work, but the rear lights are just dummy lights, the model is 18 inches long,8 studs wide, 3.5 inches high, and has just over 900 bricks in the model.

12272178356_50e2a68dd7_c.jpg

12271768453_bdbdec19ea_c.jpg

12271768993_cfdb735e7f_c.jpg

12271769393_c3f2a790df_c.jpg

12271770043_eed8db8f58_c.jpg

A nearly a year since I built the Lego Flying Scotsman model. I am now planning to rebuild the model with Big Ben Brick XL Wheels and custom coupling rods and finishing touches like the running number, LNER by using O Gauge Lining and lettering decals.

Edited by jamesed_1971

Hmm...not bad. :look:

In my opinion, it could do with a bit more work on the cab windows, but the tender is a very good one. Keep up the good work!

The rebuild will include the cab and tender, with dark green Lego replacing the black lego in the cab and tender walls, better windows, the sloping bricks will be replaced with curved sloping bricks and the battery box will be replaced by the Lego Power Functions rechargeable Battery box, and rear working lights

I am planning to rebuild the model including Big Ben Brick Wheels, Custom Coupling Rods, I also plan to rebuild the cab and tender and and the front end of the Locomotive