just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Are we absolutely sure that the Dwarf minifig in the BOFA set is Dain?

Yes.

If anyone wants pics or anything of the Comic-Con Bard for any reason, I have him and can post pictures of him.

If anyone wants pics or anything of the Comic-Con Bard for any reason, I have him and can post pictures of him.

A pic of his back printing would be nice if you could do that.

A front one with hair also please? :grin:

Im really interested in the fig

It'll be posted momentarily on my flickr.

Thanks for pictures! I wonder what the backprint on Galadriels and Elronds torso is...I hope it has something, not just blank color...

Thanks for pictures! I wonder what the backprint on Galadriels and Elronds torso is...I hope it has something, not just blank color...

You can check that out in the lego game ;) it's not blank.

Thank you, he looks good. But I wonder if the one in 79017 will have the new face print? That way the SDCC one is exclusive in a way haha.

It might have the scarred one from the tower set I suppose. I would've thought they'd want to do the blue one clean as in most of the promo material

and the trailer has him without scars but we'll have to wait and see.

Thank you, he looks good. But I wonder if the one in 79017 will have the new face print? That way the SDCC one is exclusive in a way haha.

The packaging mentions nothing about being an exclusive though, it just has the SDCC stamp. They aren't really obligated to make it exclusive.

After looking at the LotR and Hobbit themes as a whole I am a little bit less disappointed than I initially was. Lego did a fairly good job of getting all the main and secondary characters out to everyone. With LotR we are only missing Eowyn, Faramir, the Witch King, and then some minor characters like Denethor and alt outfits like Rohan Merry and Gondor Pippin. With the Hobbit the only characters we are really missing are Bolg and bear form Beorn. That's not too bad at all when you think of the dozens of characters we DID get. The biggest holes seem to come from missing factions or soldiers. If you look at all the sets though, it doesn't seem like Lego is really big on including good guy soldiers, and why would they be? When you already have several dwarves from Thorin's company in a set, or all the Fellowship, and then bad guys they have to fight, that doesn't leave much room for mundane "good" soldiers.

In the LotR line the only good guy soldier we got was the Rohan Soldier. No Lothlorien Elves, no Gondor Soldiers, no Easterlings or Haradrim. Basically we just got tons of orcs, all the main bad guys (minus the Witch King), the Fellowship, plus some other minor characters. In the Hobbit we got a few more good guy factions like the Lake-town Guards and Mirkwood Elves (who could be viewed as bad initially since they are in conflict with the main characters), but we were still missing the dwarf soldiers, human soldiers, and elves in actual armor. Like I said before though, it makes perfect sense. If you are a kid and get just one of each set are you really going to want a bunch of armored Iron Hill Dwarf soldiers when you have Thorin's company of 13 dwarves, plus Dain already? It would be like double the amount of good guys to bad. Lego probably figures including one Iron Hill Dwarf soldier in a Bo5A set isn't going to really add much to the set with kids so why bother? Give them some main characters they haven't been able to get since wave one over two years ago..

Edited by Deathleech

It might have the scarred one from the tower set I suppose. I would've thought they'd want to do the blue one clean as in most of the promo material

and the trailer has him without scars but we'll have to wait and see.

Like i mentioned on page 135, it will look very good when you put 79016 Bard's face on 79017 Bard's body

and yes, he is burned and damaged in the trailer:

thbofa-teaser01-054.jpg?w=688

The packaging mentions nothing about being an exclusive though, it just has the SDCC stamp. They aren't really obligated to make it exclusive.

After looking the the LotR and Hobbit themes as a whole I am a little bit less disappointed than I initially was. Lego did a fairly good job of getting all the main and secondary characters out to everyone. With LotR we are only missing Eowyn, Faramir, the Witch King, and then some minor characters like Denethor and alt outfits like Rohan Merry and Gondor Pippin. With the Hobbit the only characters we are really missing are Bolg and bear form Beorn. That's not too bad at all when you think of the dozens of characters we DID get. The biggest holes seem to come from missing factions or soldiers. If you look at all the sets though, it doesn't seem like Lego is really big on including good guy soldiers, and why would they be? When you already have several dwarves from Thorin's company in a set, or all the Fellowship, and then bad guys they have to fight, that doesn't leave much room for mundane "good" soldiers.

In the LotR line the only good guy soldier we got was the Rohan Soldier. No Lothlorien Elves, no Gondor Soldiers, no Easterlings or Haradrim. Basically we just got tons of orcs, all the main bad guy (minus the Witch King), the Fellowship, plus some other minor characters. In the Hobbit we got a few more good guy factions like the Lake-town Guards and Mirkwood Elves, but we were still missing the dwarf soldiers, human soldiers, and elves in actual armor. Like I said before though, it makes perfect sense. If you are a kid and get just one of each set are you really going to want a bunch of armored Iron Hill Dwarf soldiers when you have Thorin's company of 13 dwarves, plus Dain already? It would be like double the amount of good guys to bad. Lego probably figures including one Iron Hill Dwarf soldier in a Bo5A set isn't going to really add much to the set with kids so why bother? Give them some main characters they haven't been able to get since wave one over two years ago..

you know, That post really makes sense. You're right we did get the most out of it :classic:

You guys reckon Bard will come with a sword and a bow as the trailer has him wielding one maybe a gunmetal would look good like the witch king's.