just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I think It's quite reasonable to expect only 4 figs in Lake Town, only Mirkwood army had a $35 price tag and more than 4 figures. So then these are my choices: Bain, Alfrid, and Bard's daughters. Bolg can go in the BOFA set, that way there's an important character for Dain to fight.

Mirkwood army had only 2 unique figures though.. Dain does not need anyone important to fight, Thranduil didn't get that.

I would much rather Bolg go in laketown, so theres room for the right soldiers in the bo5a set. Bard's daugtehrs are really unimportant in lego form compared to all the other characters/soldiers.

I think It's quite reasonable to expect only 4 figs in Lake Town, only Mirkwood army had a $35 price tag and more than 4 figures. So then these are my choices: Bain, Alfrid, and Bard's daughters. Bolg can go in the BOFA set, that way there's an important character for Dain to fight.

There's that! and Alfrid can be the villain... he want's to stop Bain you know :wink:

Mirkwood army had only 2 unique figures though.. Dain does not need anyone important to fight, Thranduil didn't get that.

I would much rather Bolg go in laketown, so theres room for the right soldiers in the bo5a set. Bard's daugtehrs are really unimportant in lego form compared to all the other characters/soldiers.

But if Thranduil didn't get it, it doesn't mean Dain can't get it? Mirkwood Elf army is not even based on a scene? or is it? or is it a scene from TABA?

But if Thranduil didn't get it, it doesn't mean Dain can't get it?

Sure, but theres no need for it.

For important characther the laketown could be a waste for minifigures, or it could include Bolg and be an essential part.

Ya, unless Lake-town is an army builder type set, it will only have four minifigures. Look at Council of Elrond and Mirkwood Spider Escape. The $30 sets with six have all been army builder-esque (UHA and MEA). I would THINK Lego is most likely to include Bolg and Dain in the $60 Bo5A set since it's gonna be the main conflict, but honestly that leaves Lake-town being pretty boring in terms on minifigures. We would get all minor characters and no bad guys to fight (unless you count Alfrid as being bad). I mean Bain and Alfrid would be cool, but they aren't really that exciting for kids and Bard would be totally redundant in another Lake-town set.

Bard would be totally redundant in another Lake-town set.

yeah It's essentially an 'Laketown chase' addon set.

It would be like putting Theoden in uruk hai army insetad of Eomer. or gandalf in several dol guldur sets.

That said, i do fear lego might use Bard again...

yeah It's essentially an 'Laketown chase' addon set.

It would be like putting Theoden in uruk hai army insetad of Eomer. or gandalf in several dol guldur sets.

That said, i do fear lego might use Bard again...

Maybe in other clothes?

I was thinking

Because we didn't get anything at NY Toy Fair

Maybe we'll see a spoiler for TABA sets at the end of the video game?

Something like a picture for the DLC? or a minifigure?

I'm not expecting someone like Dain. But maybe Smaug or new clothes Thorin? or Bilbo?

We will see :wink:

Check this out! Not sure if it should be in the Games forum, but it has potential for future sets, which is the topic of this one. I found this in a Google search this morning, it's a promo for a character pack for the LEGO Hobbit Video Game:

lego_hobbit_the_video_side_quest_character_pack_4_raw.jpg

The river troll looks a little bit odd in my opinion, I doubt that we'll ever see it in physical form. The Dwarf Soldier, however, could perhaps be one of the figs in the Bo5A set, although it could also be a design based upon the Dwarf soldiers seen at the battle of Azanulbizar. I like the look of Dwalin's beard underneath the helmet, it has the hair coming out the back and just looks all around nice in my opinion. What do you all think!

Also, note the minifigs listed in the character pack: Dwarf Merchant Lady (http://middleearthnews.com/files/2013/04/photo-11.jpg), Vacation Saruman (???), Thranduil's Elk (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130803231105/lotr/images/8/8e/Thranduil_in_Elk.png), and Girion (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131230141435/lotr/images/9/9f/Girion,_Lord_of_Dale.jpg). If only we could have physical variants of those characters. . .

Thats the erebor dwarf from moria battle, not bo5a dwarf. it looks black in lego there. it should be grey/metallic. we will not get those if things line up right... Also that beard does not fit over armor.

vacation Saruman it obviosusly(?) from a GAG in the game. maybe hes vecationing n rivendell. or he jsut arrives in hawaii shirt and sunglasses or something. rmemeber he "shows up" a little after gandalf sees galadriel.

the river troll is interesting. is that from the books?

the river troll is interesting. is that from the books?

Lol, I didn't know about this, but I Googled it, here's what I found on the LOTR Wiki:

"River Trolls are never mentioned in J.R.R Tolkien's writings. The idea that Tolkien wrote about them arose from a misreading of the text in The Hobbit. As the dwarves enter Lake-town, the narrative mentions "occasional squabbles about river-tolls" between the men of Lake-town and the nearby elves. In other words, squabbles over whether the elves or the men could collect (or had to pay) tolls for passing down the river. Some readers mistakenly read the word tolls as trolls, thereby imagining entirely new creatures called "River-trolls" that Tolkien never intended."

Perhaps they'll show up in the film as a nod to the misunderstanding. You never know with Peter Jackson! :wink:

Check this out! Not sure if it should be in the Games forum, but it has potential for future sets, which is the topic of this one. I found this in a Google search this morning, it's a promo for a character pack for the LEGO Hobbit Video Game:

lego_hobbit_the_video_side_quest_character_pack_4_raw.jpg

The river troll looks a little bit odd in my opinion, I doubt that we'll ever see it in physical form. The Dwarf Soldier, however, could perhaps be one of the figs in the Bo5A set, although it could also be a design based upon the Dwarf soldiers seen at the battle of Azanulbizar. I like the look of Dwalin's beard underneath the helmet, it has the hair coming out the back and just looks all around nice in my opinion. What do you all think!

Also, note the minifigs listed in the character pack: Dwarf Merchant Lady (http://middleearthne...04/photo-11.jpg), Vacation Saruman (???), Thranduil's Elk (http://img1.wikia.no...duil_in_Elk.png), and Girion (http://img1.wikia.no...ord_of_Dale.jpg). If only we could have physical variants of those characters. . .

That looks really good Jack! Altough i doubt any of those will be in a set!

The Dwarf Soldier looks fantastic

The river troll's beard looks funny :laugh: "but i don't hope it will appear in BO5A

It looks a bit odd :P

Again nice find!

Perhaps they'll show up in the film as a nod to the misunderstanding. You never know with Peter Jackson! :wink:

I'd think it would be the game people doing it for that reason. they are obv not in the movie casue the game is for the 2 first films.

Funny that kevkipo mentioned DLC and voila. :laugh:

The river troll looks funny with that beard and ponytail and the story behind it is also funny. There's no way that will be appearing in a set. The dwarf though, you see the printed armor, I'm not sure I like it. I hope they don't go that way in the sets. By the way, the color looks black but as you can see from the hands I believe it's dark grey.

Funny that kevkipo mentioned DLC and voila. :laugh:

The river troll looks funny with that beard and ponytail and the story behind it is also funny. There's no way that will be appearing in a set. The dwarf though, you see the printed armor, I'm not sure I like it. I hope they don't go that way in the sets. By the way, the color looks black but as you can see from the hands I believe it's dark grey.

Yeah right? :P

But i was talking about when you finish the game that features the first 2 movies

Maybe we get a teaser for TABA?

Yeah right? :P

But i was talking about when you finish the game that features the first 2 movies

Maybe we get a teaser for TABA?

There might be the 2014 sets prototype buidls in the bonus level again. I dont think there will be any teaser for anything movie content related really, we havent gotten a trailer for the movie yet.

They would have to have some villain in laketown and bolg seems to be the logical choice. Judging by what I've just read on the empire article for TABA I would guess that laketown would include bofur as boyens says he was put there in DOS for a reason, Bard seems likely as he is the one all this destiny and legend is building around. We already know Bain is in this set so I would guess we'd get casual tauriel as she is obviously going to be in lake town during the attack and she was during DOS and then I'd guess we'd get another orc and maybe even legolas as who else is bolg going to fight?

Also floundie the British price shown at toy fair confirmed by HUW was £34.99 which would mean It could very well have more than 4 figures as MEA did and that was only £30. The final US price for these sets is not yet known and it could differ from the UK price. I mean in pounds goblin king battle is £79.99 but in USD it is $99.99. Sets are more expensive to buy in dollars in the USA than pounds in the UK. Point being in the USA the final price could be $40 which opens up a far larger possibility of more than figures. I doubt they would make bard's daughters as they aren't well known enough to sell a set and would seem boring to kids who have seen DOS or TABA as they don't do much really other than look frightened.

Edited by legofreak86

Excuse me, but US and Canadian prices have been established at NYTF. :wink:

79015 Hobbit 5 (Dol Guldur) - 101 pieces. $14.99 (USD) $15.99 (CAD)

79016 Hobbit 6 (Lake Town) - 313 pieces. $29.99 (USD) $34.99 (CAD)

79017 Hobbit 7 (BOFA/Dale) - 471 pieces. $59.99 (USD) $84.99 (CAD)

79018 Hobbit 8 (Erebor) - 858 pieces. $129.99 (USD) $119.99 (CAD)

Edited by Floundie

My mistake! I apologise. I must have misread the Uk price how silly of me! It would likely match the US price or be under that price. The point about bard's daughters not being well known enough to kids for them to be included still stands though. Baby Smaug? don't let TUMBLR get a hold of that image or it will seared into the internet for eternity! :grin:

My mistake! I apologise. I must have misread the Uk price how silly of me! It would likely match the US price or be under that price. The point about bard's daughters not being well known enough to kids for them to be included still stands though. Baby Smaug? don't let TUMBLR get a hold of that image or it will seared into the internet for eternity! :grin:

Well... i do have a Tumblr account...

Let's share :laugh:

Allthough a shrunk down toothless version, thats our best look at Smaugs jaw yet!

Edited by deskp

Okay to be honest I was expecting that. There was a mini balrog in lego LOTR after all. Also, I know it's a small error, but his 'wings' are seperate from his arms.

Haha that Baby Smaug and Gimli :laugh:, tbh I'd've much preferred one of these two comical characters to the new variation of bilbo but nevertheless it's still a good minifigure :classic:

It kinda looks like one of those light up Kinder Surprise chocolate egg toys to me :laugh: (i mean smaug) the face just looks like one of those

Not that it was Lego (Lego is of much better quality) i don't know why i tought of this... it just came up to me!

I used to collect them when i was younger. like 10 years ago? :wink:

Edited by kevkipo