Zmei_gorini4

8043 B-model with 360 Rotating Light Beacon

Zmei_gorini4,

Just wanted to thank-you for your Beacon Light. :thumbup: :thumbup: I've added the PF wire to the circuit board and applied the included heat shrink to protect the electronics and prevent the wires from accidentally being pulled out of their connection.

I've attached a photo of how I mounted it in my model of D3Ks' Swing-Loader:

640x853.jpg

This photo shows where I mounted the motherboard, using "servo tape", holds real well and can't really see it, unless you turn the loader upside down :laugh:

640x853.jpg

Kind of neat getting a package from Russia too............ :wink:

For those builders thinking about this beacon, it will work very well with good voltage supply. I used mine in demonstrations with D3Ks' loader, when the voltage started getting low the beacon will flicker a little strange, but still putting out light. With reduced voltage going on in your BB, you'll find using two functions will completely turn off the beacon. I was sitting still using two bucket functions, ( I didn't mind ) but when I stopped that and started using the XL motor to drive, the beacon came back on flashing properly.

Maybe a new style of motherboard that will operate under reduced power supply could be designed? ( wink, wink, ) Thanks again for this design, it got everyone's' attention when I operated my loader. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks good...

That's the price the early adopters have to pay ;)

Any new ideas from you?

Pat

Pat...........mines' still good, but now all us Lego builders have an improved version that appears to operate well under reduced voltage based on the load used. ( The designer used much more load than I used ) :look: