Sign in to follow this  
cja

[LDD MOC] Modular Lund street house

This is my second LDD:ed modular house which I've been working on from time to time.

It is a street house in a style that is common in the older parts of towns in the province Skåne,

Sweden. In particular in Lund.

(Except for my placement of the chimney pipe, which is usually in the middle of the house and made by bricks)

First floor is the living quarter, while the second is a sculptures studio.

When I started with the house during late summer, I first intended to have a painters

studio at the top floor, but the PR arrived and I felt like I had to change.

Lund-gathus-front.png

Lund-gathus-back.png

Lund-gathus-studio.png

Lund-gathus-ground.png

All in all, it is about 960 bricks.

I think I got the facade quite good this time, but I'm considering changing the roof from

slopes to leaning plates.. Criticism and suggestions is always welcome!

I plan to build the house with real bricks, but first in line is my Flowershop which I

posted some time ago.

I really like what you have achieved with the tight constraints of the small house. The ground floor is excellent and really well planned :classic:

I would like to see a plate tiled roof I think, if you can achieve a good slate tiled effect that can be removed between your gable walls.

Can't wait to see it brick built....great job!!

I like this house, cja. It's nice and cozy. The studio is brilliant - though I wonder how on earth, they get the stone up there :wink: And I like the use of the good old 5 high door.

The house reminds me of typical houses in provicial towns here in Denmark. I think it will word as inspiration for an older street with residential houses for my town.