sin

Bricklinking Modular Buildings

37 minutes ago, Del said:

An alternative for the windows can be found here: https://www.steindrucker.com/brick-bank-fenster-10251-custom-druck/

Do they ship overseas? I'm located in the US

Yes. I have ordered from them a number of times. I am in Canada. I dislike stickers and they do excellent printed Lego parts.

Oh, okay, awesome! I'll definitely have to give them a try, I might get the Palace Cinema lot as well in case I decide to BL that one as well

So after I get done with the Bank, the Palace Cinema will probably be my next one. Are there any expensive parts to look out for? I know printed bricks instead of the stickers can be ordered.

1 hour ago, Gremer2 said:

So after I get done with the Bank, the Palace Cinema will probably be my next one. Are there any expensive parts to look out for? I know printed bricks instead of the stickers can be ordered.

The Palace Cinema appears to be something that may be more accessible on the secondary market. Over the years I've had one for $150 (recently) and one for $100 (a while ago). If you are happy to wait and watch, it may be worth seeing it something comes up. Although it will likely depend on whether you have a large city nearby to source it from.

I think the sticker sheet and the red baseplate are probably the things that cost the most. I've put my Palace Cinema on a MILS plate and used red tiles on the ground floor, which I really like, and would be a lot cheaper than a red baseplate. Good luck and have fun!

(I didn't have the 2x2 cut tiles to fill in the gaps when I took this photo, but you get the idea).

51953232089_ce163dc007_k.jpg

Edited by RichardGoring

On 10/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, RichardGoring said:

The Palace Cinema appears to be something that may be more accessible on the secondary market. Over the years I've had one for $150 (recently) and one for $100 (a while ago). If you are happy to wait and watch, it may be worth seeing it something comes up. Although it will likely depend on whether you have a large city nearby to source it from.

I think the sticker sheet and the red baseplate are probably the things that cost the most. I've put my Palace Cinema on a MILS plate and used red tiles on the ground floor, which I really like, and would be a lot cheaper than a red baseplate. Good luck and have fun!

(I didn't have the 2x2 cut tiles to fill in the gaps when I took this photo, but you get the idea).

51953232089_ce163dc007_k.jpg

You could always put the refreshment counter on jumper plates and raise it 1 plate to get rid of the tiles missing.