Rate this Set  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Great review, Deathleech! I had the impression you hated this set - I'm glad you liked it more than I thought, because I think it's quite a nice set for the price point. I do wish they had either made the walls taller or built the water gate, and at least one orc could have used a headpiece. But it's a solid base for modding and a great beginning to an Elf faction, IMO.

Hate is such a strong word :laugh: I don't hate the set, I just think it could of been better. The fact it is an army builder and includes a cool brown Warg really boosts the appeal for me. My main issues with it are just the pitifully short walls and Thrandiul being in an army builder. No armored elf, no orc hair/ears, and too many elves (this is a personal issue, I know lots of people actually prefer more elves) are the minor gripes I have with it. I think I tend to grade a little harder so you could probably add a few points to my review if it were someone else doing it.

This is a really good review, you should consider joining the RA. I can't wait to get ahold of several of these sets! Thankfully, the sub-par Star Wars wave will allow that to happen. :laugh:

Great review, thank you!

It's an absolute go for me. Since I've been able to snag a lot of poly's cheap at my local target. I will end up with a nice elves layout!

I've not seen the second movie yet, but is the Mirkwood fortress in this movie? I'm trying to get some pictures from google but I've not managed to find any. I'd really like to compare the lego version with the movie version.

That's a really nice review!

I think this set is the best from the new Hobbit wave, especially because Thandruil looks beautiful in minifig form, also the other figs come in handy. The wall is not really interesting but it has a nice looking color scheme and a few useful parts.

I've not seen the second movie yet, but is the Mirkwood fortress in this movie? I'm trying to get some pictures from google but I've not managed to find any. I'd really like to compare the lego version with the movie version.

We think the set is an altered version of the water gate seen in the film. That is what it most closely resembles. Lego probably went off preliminary images and the film changed last minute before Lego could change the set. MEA doesn't particularly resemble anything seen in the final version of the film.