Sign in to follow this  
Jackster

Controlling NXT via Wifi

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a way I can control a NXT robot over WiFi.

Already got a old Andorid phone attached to the robot to provide video relay but I would like to be able to send commands from my Android tablet to the NXT using the phone's bluetooth if possible?

I like using the NTX Remote Control app on it atm to control the robot as it allows all 3 motors and is like tank controls. I hope to be able to run this as well as VLC at the same time by splitting the window, or ill just have the computer show the video if I can not do that.

So what I am stuck on is BT data over wifi and relaying it off the mobile to the NXT.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You can use monobrick with your computer and your phone. you have to download the monobrick tunnel app in the google play store. It works by sending messages over wifi to your phone, and your phone then sends messages to the NXT. You can also steam video, but it is a bit slow.

Would it be bluetooth? or is that for moving files only? if the NXT supports wi fi for control then it should work, maybe the bit in the middle (router) needs a setting on it altering. Good luck with it and let us know.

H