Sign in to follow this  
Konajra

MOC: IHC Merwede dredger

Hi all,

Please allow me to show you my latest moc. It is a small one compared to my latest build. it is a model of a IHC Merwede dredger. it is a standard, of the shelf vessel.

Picture_Beaver_50_web.jpg

I started this model in LDraw back in march 2012. Somehow I never got around to building it for real.

6945538352_b1e9491e24_c.jpg

IHC Merwede Dredger Beaver B50 by Konajra, on Flickr

After building the FAIRPLAY-33 and the Grampian Don I had some dark red, red and white left over. Then I remembered the Ldraw file of the Dredger. So I took the leftovers and started building to find out how far I would come.

To my own suprise I could complete the pontoons, structure for raising and lowering the cutterhead and a part of the wheelhouse.

9641574549_3c0f28ba9b_c.jpg

IHC beaver 50 WIP by Konajra, on Flickr

But then I was not sure If I liked what I saw. Somehow the model did not made me happy. So I just thought about taking it apart again. And then it hit me. At the beginning of this year someone from IHC Merwede send me an email asking if Í was going to build the model. I responded but did not hear from them again. So three weeks ago I just send IHC another email asking if they would be interested in the model once it was finished. This time they told me that they were. I now have finished the model and after LEGOWorld in Utrecht this october I bring the model to the IHC Merwede ship yard.

10119155183_f444c824ce_c.jpg

IHC Beaver 50 by Konajra, on Flickr

10119156503_697414014d_c.jpg

10119033965_947d3c4c46_c.jpg

Thanks for reading....

Superb! I like how you've managed to get so much detail into it. Another perfect vessel.

It's a bit surprising that there aren't more comments on this, because it really is just as lovely and detailed as your other stuff, Arjan. But I think maybe regular ships speak more to people hearts than stuff that looks more industrial. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing it at LEGO World :)

I saw your MOCs today at Legoworld, I was blown away by the models although I had seen them all before on the pics you posted here.

The size and amount of details are really impressive.

Keep up the good work!