Sign in to follow this  
Sarles

MOC- LDD SHIP X

As I have said in my other posting I plan on doing a series of 3 ships in LDD and I plan on building one to display at next years Brickfair VA.

Here is the start of my second ship. I haven't completely decided what her purpose in life is yet but she'll probably another military style ship.

I wanted to post some WIP pics so that I can get feedback not only on the design but perhaps some ways of using different techniques to try out.

So here she is......at present.....

9726600338_e40f95e2f3_c.jpg

This is her bow. Like I said I don't have a plan on the forward mount just yet, but I'm working on it.

9726600236_0fcc159b7b_c.jpg

This is her forward command area. I thought the lights are a pretty cool idea.

9726600040_4af1f24ecc_c.jpg

This is half of the RIB Deployment and Recovery Area of the ship. The slopes on The sides of the ships are just an idea at the moment, they aren't 100% designed through yet. I plan on trying to mount something like an Aegis array on it. We'll see if I can come up with that.

Anyway that is how I work through a ships design, start at the bow and work my way aft. I try to build in the ability to take the ship apart for transport that is why there are the technic pieces on the back of this section of the ship.

As always tips, comments, and critiques are always welcome.

For larger pictures please feel free to visit my flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63422706@N06/

Edited by Sarles