Sign in to follow this  
DarkKnight7

Man of Steel - Alternate Jor El Decals

After seeing getting the exclusive Jor El figure and seeing Man of Steel, I thought I'd add my own decal for Jor El's Robe that he wears most in the movie, for better realism. I won't spoil the movie with where you will find this in the movie, just thought I'd share this version of him with you, see what you all think. This will not be one of the prints coming up for my Phoenix Custom Bricks figs, so no issue here, feel free to use but not for your own profit without permission.

Update: there's an issue with my usual picture sharing site, so for now, I'll just provide links to my Flickr pics of the torso designs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79156616@N03/9484653588/ - Torso Clear Decal version

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79156616@N03/9484653570/ - Torso Flesh Face version

Legs for these will be added soon, hopefully, to complement it, for anyone looking to use these.

Awesome work! Looks way better than the official one.

C'monn Mutant and Green don't be mean. :wink:

Lego did the skinsuit (the one from the swimming scene/codex matrix chamber). Yes they went the lazy pass by not giving us at least an armor piece to put over.But that's just Biz.

This one (DK7) is with the robe on but without the ceremonial lite armor (I actually had to go look at screenshots and toys).

It's used only in private with Lara or as avatar for the AI system later on.

Then there are two other versions - one is the skinsuit (lego official) but with the badass armor attachments (used against zod)

and this one plus the house crest and pauldrons in that brassy color - used in the council hearing.

So that right there is a beauty but Lego did good too (Never bite the hand that packages your bricks! - Mom always said :grin: ).

DK are you going to try Lara too? This one would look great with a back print in the same style and a body piece like the Chima ones with a crest in the chest, maybe a plastic skirt printed with the rest of the robe. Great now you got me going. To the the Printer Robin, up up and away.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

Dang you've got some skill. You must be a graphic designer? Making decal designs appear Legoish is harder than it seems. Those designs looks as though Lego itself made them. Outstanding work!

-Dutch

Thanks guys for the comments, I'm glad you all like them! I am at work on another superhero villian at the moment (hint he is from an upcoming movie about a WW2 superhero...), and so I haven't had time to update this design, as there are elements of this one I'm still not happy with and the legs, but I'll get to them eventually.

C'monn Mutant and Green don't be mean. :wink:

Lego did the skinsuit (the one from the swimming scene/codex matrix chamber). Yes they went the lazy pass by not giving us at least an armor piece to put over.But that's just Biz.

This one (DK7) is with the robe on but without the ceremonial lite armor (I actually had to go look at screenshots and toys).

It's used only in private with Lara or as avatar for the AI system later on.

Then there are two other versions - one is the skinsuit (lego official) but with the badass armor attachments (used against zod)

and this one plus the house crest and pauldrons in that brassy color - used in the council hearing.

So that right there is a beauty but Lego did good too (Never bite the hand that packages your bricks! - Mom always said :grin: ).

DK are you going to try Lara too? This one would look great with a back print in the same style and a body piece like the Chima ones with a crest in the chest, maybe a plastic skirt printed with the rest of the robe. Great now you got me going. To the the Printer Robin, up up and away.

Thanks and I agree, I like the Lego version, too, but thought there should be some other options from the movie, too. I don't know if I'll do a Lara or not, as I also started a version with Jor El with the battle armour on too.

Dang you've got some skill. You must be a graphic designer? Making decal designs appear Legoish is harder than it seems. Those designs looks as though Lego itself made them. Outstanding work!

-Dutch

Thanks Dutch, but I actually just learned to do this with practice and overtime. The best practice to get the "Legoish" feel for designs is to practice creating Lego torsos already out there that you think are good and then look at other customizers. You start to pick up the elements that make it a Lego looking fig design. But, I've been working on designs like this for over a year now, but like I said the design above was done hastily and doesn't have some of the finished touches it should have. But still, not a bad start. Thanks again everyone and I'll post my updates and other designs here later.