Sign in to follow this  
kotaco

BURN Charity Contest

** Posted with permission from the administration team. **

Hello!

My name's Dakota and I run a little niche site called Emergency Bricks. We have partnered with the BURN Documentary to put on a little charity contest that is open to all who wish to participate.

ABOUT THE DOCUMENTARY:

BURN ( http://www.detroitfirefilm.org/ ) is a feature documentary about Detroit, told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, who are charged with the thankless task of saving a city that many have written off as dead.

Firefighters have an up-close view of the best and worst in any city. This is especially true for Detroit. Detroit is a picture of the future of American industrial cities in a post-industrial age: One foot in a prosperous past, with an uncertain next act, struggling to survive in a changing economy.

Since 1950, racial tensions and vanishing industry have cut Detroit’s population in half from 1.8 million, making it a housing market horror story and leaving behind 80,000 abandoned homes.And in Detroit, social problems manifest themselves in one way – FIRE.

The result is a dying city with one of the highest arson rates in the world.

Every day, these firefighters face injury, disablement, and death. But they come back, day after day, resolved to make a difference. They’re certainly not here for the money — their starting salary is $30,000 and they haven’t seen a raise in 10 years.

BURN tells the story of these exceptional individuals who, despite the challenges and dysfunction, believe in their city and are attempting to make a difference every day.

Every time that bell rings, the doors of E50 roll up, its crew step into worn boots, climb into decrepit trucks and drive out into the crumbling streets of Detroit to battle these complex problems.

Until now, no one has properly explored these issues, and these characters, with the depth and detail they deserve.

THE CHARITY CONTEST:

burn.png

Emergency Bricks has partnered with the filmmakers of the BURN Documentary to spread word of their film and raise awareness for the firefighters of the city of Detroit.

The contest is a charity, in which participants are challenged to create a LEGO creation that represents either the documentary or the Detroit Fire Department, most creations are expected to be model replicas of Detroit fire trucks & apparatus. These creations are donated upon entry into the contest for later auction, 100% of of the proceeds will then be contributed towards assisting the firefighters of the Detroit Fire Department with whatever we can to make their jobs a little safer. Proceeds will be handled through actor/comedian Denis Leary's "Leary Firefighter Foundation"

Once all entries are recieved votes will be placed for the top entries on the BURN documentaries facebook page! The top 3 winners will recieve signed/autographed prize packs from the folks at BURN. The next 3 runnerups will recieve small LEGO Sets as a prize for their participation and donations to the charity .

The deadline for submitting your entry is OCTOBER 2, 2013.

flyerlarge.png

For more information please visit; http://emergencybricks.com/burn

Thank you for your time, and I hope maybe one or two of you would be interested in participating to help with a good cause.

Edited by kotaco

Looks good, but that title made me think this was something else...

haha, well as long as it got your attention no?

Sounds like a great cause. I'm from a firefighting family so it definitely tugs my heartstrings a bit. If I can get my stuff together I'll be participating.