Sign in to follow this  
Hrw-Amen

MOC Boulder Buzzer.

Here is my first attempt at a MOC for the Galaxy Squad range. I have been gradually collecting these as they have come out in the UK and now have all of the sets apart from the largest ones, Vermin Vaporiser, Bug Obliterator and Galactic Titan. So I have the small and medium sized sets so far.

Anyway, I thought I would try and make a medium sized MOC. Several of the artwork pages in the manuals show numerous bugs of the same type and one even shows two Galatic Titans. As such I wanted a cheap bug/ship that could be made reasonably cheap, but in numbers of more than one. I bought four of the smallest set, the Space Swarmer, with the idea of making two of whatever I came up with. This would be good and leave me with some spare aliens and blue robots as extra troops, as extra troops are always good for battles.

So after going through several failed attempts I managed to come up with something that fitted the idea of what I wanted. I wanted to make a bug alien ship that had the right number of legs, that is usually six for insects. I had the wing parts and each set had two, so that the new one model would be able to have two sets each. I also like the cockpit design that almost closed over the driver giving the impression of large eyes. One thing I did want to include as well as a general mouth similar to that of the original set was a Proboscis, mainly as over where I am right now we seem to be living in a swarm of mosquitoes! There were loads of bits over and enough hinge parts to make a good stinging tail, so the creature would have that feature as well as an attacking mouth.

Anyway enough waffle.here i the link to flickr (Hopefully?) Here is my first attempt at a MOC for the Galaxy Squad range. I have been gradually collecting these as they have come out in the UK and now have all of the sets apart from the largest ones, Vermin Vaporiser, Bug Obliterator and Galactic Titan. So I have the small and medium sized sets so far.

Anyway, I thought I would try and make a medium sized MOC. Several of the artwork pages in the manuals show numerous bugs of the same type and one even shows two Galatic Titans. As such I wanted a cheap bug/ship that could be made reasonably cheap, but in numbers of more than one. I bought four of the smallest set, the Space Swarmer, with the idea of making two of whatever I came up with. This would be good and leave me with some spare aliens and blue robots as extra troops, as extra troops are always good for battles.

So after going through several failed attempts I managed to come up with something that fitted the idea of what I wanted. I wanted to make a bug alien ship that had the right number of legs, that is usually six for insects. I had the wing parts and each set had two, so that the new one model would be able to have two sets each. I also like the cockpit design that almost closed over the driver giving the impression of large eyes. One thing I did want to include as well as a general mouth similar to that of the original set was aProboscis, mainly as over where I am right now we seem to be living in a swarm of mosquitoes! There were loads of bits over and enough hinge parts to make a good stinging tail, so the creature would have that feature as well as an attacking mouth.

Anyway enough waffle.here i the link to flickr (Hopefully?) http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrw-amen/sets/72157634529810033/

Edited by Hrw-Amen

Sorry to be a kill-joy,but I see no link.

From the novel you wrote above though it looks like the MOC is excellent.

This reminds me of a type of insect that resembles a flying scorpion. So, basically, this MOCĀ“s awesome.

That's nice, I like it.

Funnily enough i bought a galaxy squad set today and was thinking of making some more stuff as well. Did you ever buy the alien conquest sets? I had an idea including all my aliens where they form an alliance.

I'd like to see some more of your alien vehicles...

That's nice, I like it.

Funnily enough i bought a galaxy squad set today and was thinking of making some more stuff as well. Did you ever buy the alien conquest sets? I had an idea including all my aliens where they form an alliance.

I'd like to see some more of your alien vehicles...

I actually thought of facing off one alien race against the other. The aliens from AC did not seem that bad, perhaps they could become allies, (sort of like a Federation/Klingon thing.) then fight the newer evil bugs together?