Sign in to follow this  
mutex

Video interview of the CEO of Lego

Nice interview.

It was interesting to see the thoughts and plans of TLG and its CEO.

I'm glad TLG is no longer focused on making sets for ppl that normally don't buy lego now. (at least that's the direction this CEO wants to head)

I also didn't know this:

leg(play) and godt(well) is where the name lego came from.

P

That's very interesting...and very heartwarming. While I would love to believe everything he says...I just can't bring myself to (and it's not because he called them "legos"). See...they are doing what he says to a degree. They're listening to the fans more. They're listening to the AFOL much more than they were. However they still do some of the same old stunts. This latest C3PO thing in particular irks me. If they want to make this just for the fans...why do this? ANYONE who collects SW would love to have it. And I'm gonna be searching as well...however if this is truly for play, truly for the kids...why do this? Why disappoint so many people?

I know I'm going to get the "They're still a company...they need to do well" responses, and that is most likely why they do it, but it still seems to violate the policies of old that he claims to want to go back to. They're making great sets (I'm ignoring you, Sith Infiltrator), but they still don't seem to have all their heart back. It made me sad when he talked about, at the start, the Lego Group losing their heart and soul over the years, and it made me happy to see that they're trying to get it back. I swear, it sounded like an AFOL was talking...and JUST an AFOL, not the president of a company with a vested interest. Maybe he practiced to sound that way, or maybe he really loves the bricks. I don't know, but the point is that it showed me that there's an effort to get back to how things used to be, but with the way things are unfolding...I'm wondering if they're going about it all wrong :-/

The castles are MUCH better than they have been. Even an attempt to return to Space...but this isn't what made TLG great. Where are our factions without storylines? Where are our factions that we can decide for ourselves if they're allies or enemies? Factions that last more than a year or two?

I liked almost everything I heard from that man, I just hope he practices most of what he talked about...I really do. It gave me hope for the future of the company. I'd rather see Lego go bankrupt while still being Lego, than have it turn into megabloks with the Lego name still stamped on every stud. That would kill Lego more for me than the closing of a company ever could.