Sign in to follow this  
Taseden

HammerShark Ship/Sub Project. Been a while. Questions.

Hello,

It's been about 2 years since I last used LDD and I had a very ambitious project going. I can't seem to find what LDD version I had at the time, but I know it was V4, not sure on what edition though. Does anyone have an idea what LDD version was out say as of 06/2011??

Here are a few pics of my project which I had to put on hold due to a weak laptop:

hsub3_zpsbdada8d9.png

hsub_zps693bbb60.png

hsub2_zps44ab8219.png

hsub4_zpsf4e9bdf3.png

I now have a custom built computer which should allow me to finish the project. But since it has been so long I don't know where I left off or what I was in the middle of doing. As you can tell it is far from completion. I'll probably play around with LDD again to get back into the groove. Hopefully in time I can finish this and actually build it(it's already at 2500 bricks !!$$$$$$!!). It's fully articulated(as in it has 4 planned sections, with a poseable jaw and retractable hidden cannons), and a full interior for those cool little shark minifigs.

How do you find what bricks LDD has removed? I uploaded my last known save of the project in the new LDD and it says 42 bricks have been removed. Also does anyone know of what bricks, if any, were removed and added from any of the version 4 LDDs? I hope none of the bricks I need where removed from the program. Instead I hope no bricks have been removed, but more added. Is this the case??

Thanks! I remember spending hours in this program, and both dread(lol) and look foward to doing so again. I think Lego has done a pretty good job on a program that seems to be aimed at kids.

Take a look at the section index: you will find a link to a topic named "Misplaced and Removed Bricks in LDD".

There you can find some suggestions about managing your problem.

A little hint:

As your project is huge, you can use the "Hide Tool" of LDD to lighten the load on your computer: hidden parts don't use resources.

You can use groups to better manage the various "blocks" of your model.