jmagaletta

General Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Questions

The corset was always what made the fig look weird to me, and considering the still shows her without it, I hope any future Tauriel sets have an updated torso.

Actually it looks like she still has the corset on in that picture, she just has a cloak/robe over it. You can see the brown underneath.

I too prefer the minifigure version.

I really do hope they recolour Arwen's hairpiece and give it to Tauriel. It would look way better. It's just streets ahead of the other piece.

When all of LEGO LOTR and the Hobbit is done, do you guys think that they could possibly release a video game that covers all of The Hobbit and LOTR, much like the SW: Complete Saga game? I think it would be really cool.

They did not do that for harry potter wich ahd 2 games so I kindof doubt it. but the full open world of lotr/hobbit would be nice indeed. Maybe on next gen now that xbox will have more storage space on their discs!

I did a little bit of photoshopping on Lego-freak's photo of Arwens hair on Tauriel. Lego needs to make this happen on potential future Tauriel figures.

2qmgthz.png

Does anybody remember if we has set name rumors for the first hobbit wave before comic con last year? sdcc is little over a month away now, I'm getting a bit antsy to hear what sets we might get.

Edited by deskp

I can't remember, but Bag End was announced and shown last year, so perhaps the whole list will be revealed this year along with one set revealed (Thranduil's Halls please!)

And that hair looks 100 times better on her! If LEGO doesn't do this, it'll be a huge shame.

I agree. That photoshopped hair looks great! And clearly they have the mold now, so they just need a recolor. I'd love to see an updated Tauriel with that mold. If not, I may have to paint it myself (which I'm not a fan of doing).

Yes, Tauriel definitely needs the more feminine Elven hair piece. Having the piece in an additional color would also be nice for MOCs.

There hasn't really been any details on the movie yet so I think TLG will wait for a trailer or something. Which I heard to be rumored to be in the coming weeks.

There hasn't really been any details on the movie yet so I think TLG will wait for a trailer or something. Which I heard to be rumored to be in the coming weeks.

The trailer is coming on the 12th. online, then it will be shown along with man of steel in cinemas.

A great substitute would be red harringtons hair from the Lone Ranger stage coach escape set, although no elf ears.

A great substitute would be red harringtons hair from the Lone Ranger stage coach escape set, although no elf ears.

That hair does not work in the back, and is far too "cooky" in my book.

STOP SLAGGING OFF GOOD SETS!! OK I'll agree that some were emptier than others and the Goblin King is not smiling etc but THEY ARE STILL FUN SETS! I love good sets because perfect sets have no room for improvement and adaptation but that's what's great about those types of sets- I had months of fun with moria adding and changing and adding some more!

STOP SLAGGING OFF GOOD SETS!! OK I'll agree that some were emptier than others and the Goblin King is not smiling etc but THEY ARE STILL FUN SETS! I love good sets because perfect sets have no room for improvement and adaptation but that's what's great about those types of sets- I had months of fun with moria adding and changing and adding some more!

Yep. I had TONS of fun modding my Goblin King battle with hinges and technic bricks to connect all components! :classic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80391&hl=79010