Sign in to follow this  
Simple1DEA

The Dark Knight Rises Batpod

Hello this is my model of the TDK/TDKR batpod plus EMP rifle. I plan on posting it to Cuusoo but I was hoping for some feedback first. I'm considering making it a set of the TDKR chase scene which means I'd have to consider Bane, his 3 goons, the EMP rifle, police cars and inside the stock exchange. I don't have pieces for police cars or stock exchange so I could maybe include it in the description. I think this could be great cause TDKR is a recent and very popular film though Lego seem difficult to convince because of the chances of promoting violence/crime or slight mature themes which is making it diffult for me to finalise an acceptable set. Another thing is that Lego love hero vs villain sets, and also vehicles.

DSC03201-1.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03227-1.jpg

DSC03228-1.jpg

DSC03281-1.jpg

Are there any small modifications I should make to make it more likely for Lego to accept? Lego might not like that the bottom row of gun barrels (gray paddles) do not fit properly.

Should I remove the EMP blaster and leave it as a general Batman+Batpod set?

Should I make a set mimicking the chase scene with Bane on a motorbike? If so should I include all 4 stock exchange robbers and the hostages on the back of them or just leave it as Batman and Bane?

I don't think I can make polls yet so please comment. I'll put it on Cuusoo as soon as I get feedback and I hope for your support. Also one more question I'd like to whore, can I post my project on Cuusoo and put in the description describing how it can vary eg. Single Batpod or Bane chase?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
This thread can stand on it's own without referencing Cuusoo in the title.

I would add some more to the set just to attract supporters. The chase scene would be cool. Also I love the design but if it passes, LEGO would probably change it a bit due to the illegal building techniques. :wink: Also mabey add a second long rod to the bottom for extra stability. Overall a great looking Batpod! :thumbup:

It's now on cuusoo. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/25814 Thanks for the help! CBMM1, the Batpod is actually very stable already. It would take great force for the front wheel to twist or bend up or down.

Here are my new pics

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x3601.jpg

thumb640x3602.jpg

Once I reach 500 supports (which could be a long time), I will share my Bane decals I made myself which includes 3 of his outfits from the film and his head.

Edited by Simple1DEA

Finally a Project that definitely could have a chance of being produced. Fits into an existing theme, isn't too large.

I Support!

That is amazing!!!! :wub::wub: can you tell me how you made that (I would support you but I don't have a cuusoo account.)

Go ahead and create One. It's not difficult at all.

It looks good. One thing I would recommend though is for you to add some armor plating type stuff near on the middle of the batpod.

I really liked Batman's gun though!

Edited by coolguy2323