SALLEN92

Bunch of Batman decals

Hey I used to do this a few years back recently fancied trying to get back into the game and so here I am!

Been playing Arkham City a lot lately so naturally I thought I'd try my hand at some designs influence/inspired by the game;

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/captjack/decals/WIP/arkham_city_brtj.png

C&C is welcome as always :)

Edited by LuxorV
Converted huge deeplinked picture to link. Please use thumbnails.

I'm not a huge fan of the heads...they're too off-par with Lego's face designs. But the torsos are amazing!! :wub_drool: I LOVE the amount of detail you put into them. :thumbup: Keep it up!

I'm not a huge fan of the heads...they're too off-par with Lego's face designs. But the torsos are amazing!! :wub_drool: I LOVE the amount of detail you put into them. :thumbup: Keep it up!

Thank you so much! I worked a lot on the detail of things, it's a hard balance between just right and too much.

If I may ask what do you mean by too "off-par" with the Official heads?

If I may ask what do you mean by too "off-par" with the Official heads?

I mean they don't exactly fit the style TLG usually uses. The shaping on Batman's and Robin's mouths somehow seem off. Also, Robin's and Two-Face's eyes aren't the standard shape and size for minifigs. (Especially Robin's.) :shrug_oh_well: The Joker's eyes are perfect, though! :classic:

Like I said before, I love the torsos. And I think with a bit of work, the faces could be equally great! :wink:

I love these so much! The torsos are fantastic, and I don't have a huge problem with the heads, but I think starting with some official LEGO eyes, and working around them would help the proportion with the heads.

The Batman one is my favourite, the cuts and scratches look really good!

I love these so much! The torsos are fantastic, and I don't have a huge problem with the heads, but I think starting with some official LEGO eyes, and working around them would help the proportion with the heads.

The Batman one is my favourite, the cuts and scratches look really good!

Been a busy couple days but I have begun to re-work the heads so will post an update soon-ish as well as some new stuff over the coming days

Hey Sallen , love the work you're doing, always fun to see high quality designs. I'm currently working on a Major Motoko decal (Ghost in the Shell series) but I kinda just feel like asking you to do it :laugh:

Quick note, it looks like there's a very thin line running down the middle of the Batman and Robin torsos, almost like you mirrored the two sides but the middle didn't meet up by like 1 pixel. It probably won't show up when printed, but it's worth noting I think :classic:

I agree about Robin's eyes, too close together, I think a quick fix would be to move them apart a little and widen the mask as needed so you don't have to redo the whole face

Edited by DrNightmare

Hey Sallen , love the work you're doing, always fun to see high quality designs. I'm currently working on a Major Motoko decal (Ghost in the Shell series) but I kinda just feel like asking you to do it :laugh:

Quick note, it looks like there's a very thin line running down the middle of the Batman and Robin torsos, almost like you mirrored the two sides but the middle didn't meet up by like 1 pixel. It probably won't show up when printed, but it's worth noting I think :classic:

I agree about Robin's eyes, too close together, I think a quick fix would be to move them apart a little and widen the mask as needed so you don't have to redo the whole face

Okay GiTS is one of my favorite anime series along with Cowboy Bebop so I'll work on that for you! Not sure whether you want Anime "Clone Wars" style eyes or traditional Lego? And thanks I'll try that out on Robin.

That'd be fantastic, thanks! Either eyes would be fine, I think they'd both look good considering how talented you are :classic:

I only recently started watching the whole series and am now completely obsessed with her :laugh:

(Also, if you're at all interested, I'm also working on an action figure of the Major, here's a work in progress shot)

guess_who_wip___cool_jacket_edition_by_darktailss-d5c8d4r.jpg

That'd be fantastic, thanks! Either eyes would be fine, I think they'd both look good considering how talented you are :classic:

I only recently started watching the whole series and am now completely obsessed with her :laugh:

(Also, if you're at all interested, I'm also working on an action figure of the Major, here's a work in progress shot)

guess_who_wip___cool_jacket_edition_by_darktailss-d5c8d4r.jpg

I started work on her yesterday, I'll send some progress shots soon :)

I'm guessing the dream of a LEGO Motoko minifig is over? :cry_happy: haha

I like the new zombie face you posted though :classic:

I'm still working on it! I had difficulty when doing it first because I hadn't done any female figures, now I've done a few I feel more confident in going back and finishing her :)

These are fantastic! But I agree that the faces of Two-face and robin could do with some work. Two-face looks a little high with those massive eyes. :tongue:

Great work!