Sign in to follow this  
morcianknight

Is there a way to find out which sets a part is in?

I have a 16 x 6 grey plate that was in a box with some LSW sets. It was in a bag with 7257 Ultimate Lightsaber Duel so I thought it was that, as it was a completed model but in pieces, the colours were similar and I hadn't looked at it for a while.

Now I have it spare and I'm not sure which set it's come from.

Does BrickLink or anywhere else have an option that lets you see which sets you can get a piece in? I need a list of all the sets that have 16 x 6 grey plates in them and then I can see which of those I own to match it up.

here it is

Bricklink does has an option for this question.

Just insert the brick you want to show ( in this case 6 x 16 = 6 width ex as in extra not the times and length. ) .

The 16 x 6 shows you 2 carts :laugh: ...

And voila !! you get 256 sets you can look at , nicely sorted in colour.

Through tis method you can search for almost anything !!

Good luck :sweet: grtz Saint

here it is

Bricklink does has an option for this question.

Just insert the brick you want to show ( in this case 6 x 16 = 6 width ex as in extra not the times and length. ) .

The 16 x 6 shows you 2 carts :laugh: ...

And voila !! you get 256 sets you can look at , nicely sorted in colour.

Through tis method you can search for almost anything !!

Good luck :sweet: grtz Saint

Ah cheers!

Using that it can only be from The Grand Tournament but it doesn't look "Dark Bluish Grey" to me. It's the only set with a greyish piece from that page that I own, so it must be that one.

Edited by morcianknight

Peeron is all about this. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to get updated as regularly as one would like, and a lot of recent / current sets still aren't inventoried, but it does have enough information to be useful.

Peeron is all about this. The only thing is that it doesn't seem to get updated as regularly as one would like, and a lot of recent / current sets still aren't inventoried, but it does have enough information to be useful.

Actually my understanding, though I think it's a tiny bit out of date, is that they don't post any newer sets then 2-4 years due to copyright and only post instructions when they go out of print, though not sure if that apply to parts list, just my understanding.

Actually my understanding, though I think it's a tiny bit out of date, is that they don't post any newer sets then 2-4 years due to copyright and only post instructions when they go out of print, though not sure if that apply to parts list, just my understanding.

Oh, they do post parts lists newer than that... sometimes. They've had brand-new sets inventoried sometimes, but not always; I think the inventory updates simply have a lot to do with the popularity of certain sets and themes (for example, it seems to me Star Wars sets are likelier to get inventories posted earlier, presumably because lots of people are interested in the theme). But I believe you're right about the instructions; I think they have a specific policy against posting instruction scans within a certain timeframe from a set's original availability.