Sandy

Heroica RPG - Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

Avalanche, if it's all the same to you, do nothing. If you receive damage from the Viper and I the Bugbear goes into a frenzy you will be knocked out.

I attack Bugbear Archer B whilst also Targeting Bugbear Healer from the Front Row with the Dual Staff.

Battle Order:

Romulus: Green Viper B

Pretzel: Bugbear Archer A (Dual Staff also Hitting Bugbear Healer)

>Alexander: Green Viper C

>Avalanche: Do Nothing

Result of Round Four of the Apple Orchard Battle:

Romulus vs. Green Viper B - Shield (Ravage - Bugbear Archer A: 55 health-(52x4=208 dmg)=0 health; Bugbear Healer: 64 health-(52x4=208 dmg)=0 health; Green Vipers A-D: 9 health-(52x4=208 dmg)=0 health; Romulus: 0 gold)

Monk Pretzel vs.Bugbear Archer B (& Bugbear Healer)

>Alexander vs. Green Viper C

>Avalanche does nothing

Romulus - Poisoned (-1 dmg)

Romulus does a clean sweep once again with his ravaging skills. The poison takes one more health from the werewolf before vanishing.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS! THE CHALLENGE IS ACCOMPLISHED!

Avalanche gains half a level while the others gain a third. Everyone receives 4 x 2.3 = 10 Glory Points.

Party:

fb957f5f-eb76-4fed-ab00-fcf7d3e8445a_zps36439132.jpg

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 10 1/2
*Natural Respite*

Power:
(10+11)

Health:
18/18
(8+8+1)

Gold:

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding; spear)

Inventory:
Trollsbane (WP:5,
earth
-elemental club), Phoenix Essence, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb, Dirt Bomb, 8 Bones, Skeleton Decoy

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean(TheBoyWonder)

Level 23 Raider
*Natural Respite*
Immune to Fragile*

Power:
(23+15
)

Defense:
(5+3)

Health:
37/37
(7+22+7+1)

Gold:
(30 to Loreal)

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Combrys (WP:15,
Dark
Wind
Fire
and
Ice
; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword),

Inventory:
Dawnbreaker (WP:13,
Light
Lightning
Water
Wood
and
Earth
; greatsword), Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear)
Conspirator (WP:15, causes blinded; longsword), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 6 Potions, Health Core, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, Venom, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 20 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Favours Beasts*

Power
: 32
(20+12)

Defense
: 5
(2+3)

Health
: 33/33
(6+19+6+2)

Gold
: 315

Glory Points:

Equipment
:
Fauxthril Crossbow (WP:
12 due to Hunter's Quiver,
darkness-
ice-
elemental, Hollow [-]),
Chevalier of Charis Armor (Max. health +2, SP: 2; bodywear), Tricorne (SP: 3; headwear), Hunter's Quiver (WP +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time, suitable for hunters, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; accessory)

Inventory:
Delfrin Crossbow (WP:5
),
Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Badly Poisoned; handwear), 4 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, First Aid Kit, 5 Meads, 5 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bedroll, Shovel, 6 Bones, Skeleton Decoy

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces
, the Super Sleuth
(Palathadric)
*Party Leader*

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level 24 2/3
*Scares Vermin*

Power:
(24+8)
(+5 in the front row)

Defense:
(7+2+1)
(+5 in the back row)

Health:
42/45
(9+23+11+2)

Ether:
33/33
(5+23+1+4)

Gold:

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Dual Staff (WP:8,
Ice
Lightning
; dual strike; staff), Fashionable Shield (SP: 7), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP:13,
Earth
Water
Wood
; causes weakened; greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP:5, causes fragile; mace), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
Fire
Wind
; broomstick), Steak (WP: 1; instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), , Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear), Soothing Slippers (meditation restores 5 ether; footwear), Shackles of War (prevents fleeing; accessory),
Diamond
, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding, Potion, 4 Grand Potions, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Soma, 2 Smelling Salts, 5 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, Rito Feather (grants the hastened- and blessed-effects when consumed), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope), 11 Bones

Party leader, divide the spoils of the battle:

heroica-smokebomb.jpgheroica-smokebomb.jpg2x Smoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.)

heroica-potion.jpgPotion (Restores 10 health to the target.)

heroica-nostrum.jpgheroica-nostrum.jpg2x Nostrum (Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.)

heroica-remedy.jpgheroica-remedy.jpg2x Remedy (Removes all negative effects from the target.)

heroica-venom.jpgheroica-venom.jpgheroica-venom.jpgheroica-venom.jpgheroica-venom.jpgheroica-venom.jpg6x Venom (Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.)

"All I request is the nostrum. Spread the rest amongst yourself."

"Next battle with War and a lucky me?"

Edited by TheBoyWonder

"Excellent! We are on a roll. Barky Barks, if a Nostrum is all you want, more power to us."

Loot:

Romulus: Nostrum

Alexandre: Nostrum, Venom

Avalanche: Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Venom x4

Pretzel: Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Venom

Everyone receives 4 x 2.3 = 10 Glory Points.

I always thought the GP was rounded down. As in 9.2 = 9 GP. Not that I'm complaining. :grin:

I should also have 19 GP from my last bout in the Fields, I believe. :look:

I heal myself.

Edited by Palathadric

"Not sure. Do you fellows want to take on some of the mediocre difficulty areas, before coming back to the easy ones as we round up, or would you rather we just finish off the easy ones now? Our options:

Easy:

Pumpkin Patch

Mediocre:

Gust Ridge

Butterfly Plains

Raging Rapids.

The loot at the Ghastly Ghoul, doesn't seem worth the trouble. Butterfly Plains is not great either, but it opens up the door to the Sanctuary, should we need to use it. I'm willing to go for any of these options, so whatever you fellows want. Once we've decided which one to go for, we can decide what challenge, if any, we want to take."

"I doubt the others would disagree. Pumpkin Patch it is. If Romulus takes Nostrum, we take "On the Clock" challenge. If not, "Debuffed" challenge.

"Next battle with War and a lucky me?"

"If you're going to consume one of those foul smelling liquids, then I say let's go for 'On the Clock,' which we should be able to do. Otherwise, let's go for 'Debuffed' again as it nets us more GP than 'War' does. So what do you say, go lucky and 'On the Clock,' or just go in 'Debuffed?'

"Blue-skin wonder, try equipping these. It's not exactly armour, but it will prevent any bunnies from fleeing our party, should any decide to show up."

I toss Avalanche the Shackles of War, before digging with my Magic Shovel while we wait.

Edited by Palathadric

Avalanche equips the Shackles of War and then drinks his bottle of mead. "I'm fine with Pumpkin Patch."

Edited by Dragonfire

I always thought the GP was rounded down. As in 9.2 = 9 GP. Not that I'm complaining. :grin:

I should also have 19 GP from my last bout in the Fields, I believe. :look:

QM Note: I always round up in this game. It's just that much simpler.

Apparently CMP accidentally erased Pretzel from the final stats in the discontinued battle, so your GP gain didn't get recorded along with the others. It was actually 24 GP.

Funny it took you so long to notice the missing points, though... Keeping your stats in check is your own duty. :wink:

Monk Pretzel digs around the Apple Orchard with his Magic Shovel, and much to his surprise finds a Teleportapple.

heroica-teleportapple.jpgTeleportapple (Allows the party to travel instantly to any revealed Sanctuary within the Fields of Glory once upon consumption.)

8361512235_ca7e37755c_d.jpg

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

On the Clock: The battle must be won within ten rounds or the battle is lost. x3 GP

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-hodgepodge.jpg

Hodgepodge A

Type: Beast

Level: 6

Health: 52/52

Special:
Roly-poly
- The Hodgepodge curls into a spiky ball, protecting itself from all damage and causing 12 damage to anyone that tries to attack it until it gets a chance to attack someone.

Drops: Potion

Hodgepodge B

Special:
Roly-poly
- The Hodgepodge curls into a spiky ball, protecting itself from all damage and causing 12 damage to anyone that tries to attack it until it gets a chance to attack someone.

Hodgepodge C

Special:
Roly-poly

Hodgepodge D

Special:
Roly-poly

Hodgepodge E

Special:
Roly-poly

Hodgepodge F

Special:
Roly-poly

heroicafog-monster-pumpkinhead.jpg

Pumpkinface A

Type: Plant

Level: 7

Health: 68/68

Special:
Laughing Gas
– Makes the target laugh uncontrollably, stunning it for the next turn.

Drops: Tonic

Pumpkinface B

Special:
Laughing Gas

Pumpkinface C

Special:
Laughing Gas

Pumpkinface D

Special:
Laughing Gas

Pumpkinface E

Special:
Laughing Gas

Pumpkinface F

Special:
Laughing Gas

heroicafog-monster-whiterabbit.jpg

White Rabbit A

Type: Beast/Icy

Level: 17

Health: 195/195

Special:
I’m Late!
– White Rabbit flees the battle.

Drops: 1 Glory Point

White Rabbit B

Special:
I’m Late!

White Rabbit C

Special:
I’m Late!

White Rabbit D

Special:
I’m Late!

Party:

fb957f5f-eb76-4fed-ab00-fcf7d3e8445a_zps36439132.jpg

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 10 1/2
*Natural Respite*
*Encouraged*

Power:
(10+11)

Health:
18/18
(8+8+1)

Gold:

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding; spear), Shackles of War (prevents fleeing; accessory)

Inventory:
Trollsbane (WP:5,
earth
-elemental club), Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 5 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb, Dirt Bomb, 8 Bones, Skeleton Decoy

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean(TheBoyWonder)

Level 23 Raider
*Natural Respite*
Immune to Fragile*
*Lucky*

Power:
(23+15
)

Defense:
(5+3)

Health:
37/37
(7+22+7+1)

Gold:
(30 to Loreal)

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Combrys (WP:15,
Dark
Wind
Fire
and
Ice
; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword),

Inventory:
Dawnbreaker (WP:13,
Light
Lightning
Water
Wood
and
Earth
; greatsword), Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear) Conspirator (WP:15, causes blinded; longsword), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 6 Potions, Health Core, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, Venom, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 20 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Favours Beasts*

Power
: 32
(20+12)

Defense
: 5
(2+3)

Health
: 33/33
(6+19+6+2)

Gold
: 315

Glory Points:

Equipment
: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP:
12 due to Hunter's Quiver,
darkness-
ice-
elemental, Hollow [-]), Chevalier of Charis Armor (Max. health +2, SP: 2; bodywear), Tricorne (SP: 3; headwear), Hunter's Quiver (WP +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time, suitable for hunters, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors; accessory)

Inventory:
Delfrin Crossbow (WP:5), Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Badly Poisoned; handwear), 4 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, First Aid Kit, 5 Meads, Nostrum, 6 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bedroll, Shovel, 6 Bones, Skeleton Decoy

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces
, the Super Sleuth
(Palathadric)
*Party Leader*

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level 24 2/3
*Scares Vermin*

Power:
(24+8)
(+5 in the front row)

Defense:
(7+2+1)
(+5 in the back row)

Health:
45/45
(9+23+11+2)

Ether:
32/33
(5+23+1+4)

Gold:

Glory Points:

Equipment:
Dual Staff (WP:8,
Ice
Lightning
; dual strike; staff), Fashionable Shield (SP: 7), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP:13,
Earth
Water
Wood
; causes weakened; greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP:5, causes fragile; mace), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
Fire
Wind
; broomstick), Steak (WP: 1; instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), , Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear), Soothing Slippers (meditation restores 5 ether; footwear),
Diamond
, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding, Potion, 4 Grand Potions, 2 Ether Cores, 6 Remedies, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Soma, 2 Smelling Salts, 6 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, Rito Feather (grants the hastened- and blessed-effects when consumed), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope), Teleportapple (Allows the party to travel instantly to any revealed Sanctuary within the Fields of Glory once upon consumption.), 11 Bones

"If you have fire weapons, target the rabbits, otherwise deal with whatever else."

Romulus attacks White Rabbit A with Combrys from the front row.

"As far as I can see it, I'll have to take three free hits- and that means 18 damage. I only have 18 health. Please put me first in the Battle Order- that way I'll take free hits from the Hodgepodges. Besides, I have to equip a Skeleton Decoy from the front row or else I'll be KO'd by the free hits."

Avalanche equips a Skeleton Decoy from the back row.

"However, I can throw a Pumpkin Bomb and take the free hit damage- but then one of you will have to revive me next round with a phoenix essence..."

Edited by Dragonfire

I attack White Rabbit B from the Back Row with the Flying Cross.

"Yeti, if you stay in the Back Row the free hits won't kill you. It's putting together one of those bone bags.

"OK. I'll throw a Pumpkin Bomb from the back row. Hopefully this will mess up the enemies for a few rounds."

Edited by Dragonfire

Battle Order:

>Avalanche: ?

Romulus: White Rabbit A (Combrys)

>Alexander: White Rabbit C (Fauxthril Crossbow)

>Pretzel: White Rabbit B (Flying Cross)

"OK. I'll throw a Pumpkin Bomb from the back row. Hopefully this will mess up the enemies for a few rounds."

"If you want to use a bomb that's fine, but I'm not sure if it's extremely necessary. Remember that with one good swing barky could take out all of the low-levelled enemies. Nevertheless, it's your choice."

"Come to think of it, I'll just use the Decoy. I'll save the bomb for later battles."

Edited by Dragonfire

Funny it took you so long to notice the missing points, though... Keeping your stats in check is your own duty. :wink:

I think I did let you know once or twice before. :look: But don't quote me on that. :grin:

Also, I had spent 5 GP to buy a Phoenix Incense.

"Avalanche, if you don't want to attack, I would advise you to throw a bone at White Rabbit D (who doesn't actually have a "D" in his name :tongue: ). It'll be more helpful than building the decoy."

Avalanche attacks Hodgepodge A from the back row.

Edited by Dragonfire