CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

It wouldn't make sense for Bane and Catwoman, neither of them are crazy. They're criminals yes, but Arkham is reserved for those who are criminally insane.

I do agree it's a bit stupid to have panels for Ivy and Freeze, but perhaps those cells are meant to be temporary holding cells until they are moved to a more permanent room. Or perhaps the special cells are for treating them (Since both have unique biologial conditions).

Perhaps in the future we'll get an add-on (Hogwarts style) that includes special cells for Joker and Scarecrow. There might be a real logical reason as to why the designers built it this way.

I agree with

Your logic about the cells, but Penguin is also not crazy enough in most depictions to warrant him a cell in Arkham, he's mostly sent to Blackgate as he's depicted as a sort of mobster.

I agree with

Your logic about the cells, but Penguin is also not crazy enough in most depictions to warrant him a cell in Arkham, he's mostly sent to Blackgate as he's depicted as a sort of mobster.

Yes but it does make sense because he's included in the set.

EDIT: Ok scrap Catwoman, instead Riddler. So Riddler and Bane instead of Mr.Freeze and Poison Ivy.

Edited by Jackattack7

I agree with

Well, I get that with Catwoman. Not so sure about Bane. I can think of multiple occacions, at least recent incarnations, where he is in Arkham.

Besides, it's a toy. TLG's target audience is not going to be up in arms about them failing to perfectly abide the continuity.

I love the Arkham set. I guess I hadn't noticed the lack of cells or cell labels. And I'm not their target audience since I'm 28 years old. I just know they did an awesome job with that set. I'm excited to get all of those figures and I'm actually thankful for getting another chance at getting Ivy in a set. I didn't want to pay $20 on bricklink for her individually.

The Bat looks much much better with the all black instead of blue. I understand why blue was involved. Probably why blue is involved in the mini-TIE fighter too. But I know I will be modding mine to better fit the Nolanverse.

It is a shame about Bane's head not being a wrap-around mask, but it still looks awesome and I much prefer this version of Bane to the black mask version in the Batcave set, so I'm thankful we are getting him at all. Seeing the actual set pictures makes the set more appealing than the box art for sure. I was already going to get it, but now I'm more excited about it.

I love the Arkham set. I guess I hadn't noticed the lack of cells or cell labels. And I'm not their target audience since I'm 28 years old. I just know they did an awesome job with that set. I'm excited to get all of those figures and I'm actually thankful for getting another chance at getting Ivy in a set. I didn't want to pay $20 on bricklink for her individually.

The Bat looks much much better with the all black instead of blue. I understand why blue was involved. Probably why blue is involved in the mini-TIE fighter too. But I know I will be modding mine to better fit the Nolanverse.

It is a shame about Bane's head not being a wrap-around mask, but it still looks awesome and I much prefer this version of Bane to the black mask version in the Batcave set, so I'm thankful we are getting him at all. Seeing the actual set pictures makes the set more appealing than the box art for sure. I was already going to get it, but now I'm more excited about it.

I second all this ^

I think Arkham, regardless of any tiny problems, is awesome.

I also agree about the Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze tiles, but maybe they'll include extra stickers for the other villains so that you can choose which ones to put on the tiles. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though.

What image are you looking at? The only expression I can make out on Nova is the one he had at SD comic-con.

This one. :wink:

I can't wait to get Nova and try his face on Batman's mask.

Yeah, me too. Bats alternate face sucks, to me Batman doesn't ever smile. Anger is better. But that's just me though.

Yeah, me too. Bats alternate face sucks, to me Batman doesn't ever smile. Anger is better. But that's just me though.

you and me both

I may be sounding extremely stupid in saying this; but what does the C in DBC stand for? Daily Bugle ____ ? Company?

I don't know marvel very well...

I think the building looks like a lot of fun - there are a lot of play features in it, which the bank could have done with if you ask me. The awkward falling window holds little satisfaction - even from my 4 year old.

Do you prefer the new JJJ design or the old one? I feel like the hair on the old one looks more like him in my opinion - but then again, I haven't watched the new show to see how he looks in that.

you and me both

I don't get why people think he's is smiling. To me it looks like he is clenching his teeth. Nothing about it looks happy to me.

Edited by Santaduckz

I may be sounding extremely stupid in saying this; but what does the C in DBC stand for? Daily Bugle ____ ? Company?

I don't know marvel very well...

I think the building looks like a lot of fun - there are a lot of play features in it, which the bank could have done with if you ask me. The awkward falling window holds little satisfaction - even from my 4 year old.

Do you prefer the new JJJ design or the old one? I feel like the hair on the old one looks more like him in my opinion - but then again, I haven't watched the new show to see how he looks in that.

I don't get why people think he's is smiling. To me it looks like he is clenching his teeth. Nothing about it looks happy to me.

It's based on the show, where it's currently the only place calling it DBC, or Daily Bugle Communications.

The falling window is based on the on the episode where the whole building is almost blown to smitherines.

I like them both, but the new hair is accurate to the show.

His head looks like he's smiling when the cowl is on.

It's based on the show, where it's currently the only place calling it DBC, or Daily Bugle Communications.

The falling window is based on the on the episode where the whole building is almost blown to smitherines.

I like them both, but the new hair is accurate to the show.

His head looks like he's smiling when the cowl is on.

Just to clarify, I meant the window on the bank, seeing as it all falls in one and just looks lazy. I love the way these all burst out on th DB!

Are there any pics of his show incarnation? I couln't would out which one was him from google.

I'll have to agree to disagree about the cowl. :)

Just to clarify, I meant the window on the bank, seeing as it all falls in one and just looks lazy. I love the way these all burst out on th DB!

Are there any pics of his show incarnation? I couln't would out which one was him from google.

I'll have to agree to disagree about the cowl. :)

Oh okay, everyone has their own opinions.

Here's the best photo of the show Jameson. He hasn't been seen physically in any, only through computer screens.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ultimate+spider+man+j+jonah+jameson&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CR9-UOPWGYnEyQG_yoCgCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=480&bih=268#i=4

Oh okay, everyone has their own opinions.

Here's the best photo of the show Jameson. He hasn't been seen physically in any, only through computer screens.

http://www.google.co...480&bih=268#i=4

What? He hasn't made any physical appearances? Why is he in the set then? Has the episode it is based on not been released yet?

I should watch this series... just so I can keep up with the conversation haha!

p.s. that link just took me to a google home page. I think you need to link to an actual website ;)

Edited by Santaduckz

What? He hasn't made any physical appearances? Why is he in the set then? Has the episode it is based on not been released yet?

I should watch this series... just so I can keep up with the conversation haha!

p.s. that link just took me to a google home page. I think you need to link to an actual website ;)

He just appears spreading news and masked vigilantes are bad for New York. He hasn't appeared in any episodes physically, just insults Spidey and sits behind a screen. Guess they're trying to tackle cyberbullying.

The set he appears in is loosely based on "Beetle Mania", and it's already premiered so that's why he's in the set. Plus I think they wanted to redesign his Lego version, perfect excuse to do it.

Anyway here's the picture:

127678_18.jpg?w=600

Kinda how he looks so Lego is accurate.

Edited by Neville longbottem

He just appears spreading news and masked vigilantes are bad for New York. He hasn't appeared in any episodes physically, just insults Spidey and sits behind a screen. Guess they're trying to tackle cyberbullying.

The set he appears in is loosely based on "Beetle Mania", and it's already premiered so that's why he's in the set. Plus I think they wanted to redesign his Lego version, perfect excuse to do it.

Anyway here's the picture:

http://latimesheroco...78_18.jpg?w=600

Kinda how he looks so Lego is accurate.

I'm not sure he looks very acurate to that at all... I mean, he looks a lot older in his minifig form. I feel like if they had done some kind of printing on his hair he'd look a load more accurate.

I agree, I don't think the new hair is very accurate, even to the one in the show. The overall shape looks wrong, and like Santaduckz said, the color of it makes him look old. I think the old hair was perfect.

And I think JJJ did make a brief physical appearance at the end of one of the episodes, but I'm not sure. I think the reason why they included him was because it would be nonsensical for Beetle to kidnap a TV screen. This way the kiddies can actually play out the kidnapping. However, I would have preferred MJ instead who unlike JJJ was actually in the building and in danger in that episode, even though the Beetle wasn't after her.

I agree, I don't think the new hair is very accurate, even to the one in the show. The overall shape looks wrong, and like Santaduckz said, the color of it makes him look old. I think the old hair was perfect.

And I think JJJ did make a brief physical appearance at the end of one of the episodes, but I'm not sure. I think the reason why they included him was because it would be nonsensical for Beetle to kidnap a TV screen. This way the kiddies can actually play out the kidnapping. However, I would have preferred MJ instead who unlike JJJ was actually in the building and in danger in that episode, even though the Beetle wasn't after her.

His hair is supposed to be dark grey with white sides. The old hair is for his flat top look in the old. He doesn't have a flat top In the new series, so why give him that hairpiece? His new one is supposed to depict long hair combed back. I wish it was printed, but other than that, to me it's accurate.

Well, he recorded a message on MJ's new camara, but that's the closest to a physical appearance I've seen. I missed "I Am Spider-Man!", so I don't know if he appears in that. Plus Beetle was trying to kill Jameson not kidnap, but they changed it for the set I know.

But they probably won't release it untill all 3 films are out ;)

Well didn't the original Lego Star Wars come out before Revenge of the Sith premiered? :)

I have looked on brickipedia at the Superheroes sets and I can say that £ is the same as $ (appart from Arkham because it's so big), so TDKR set will be £39.99. But didn't it say the Batboat set is €26.99, because if it is it will be $19.99 and £19.99, if that's the case it will mean it must be about the same size as the '06 batboat.

I have looked on brickipedia at the Superheroes sets and I can say that £ is the same as $ (appart from Arkham because it's so big), so TDKR set will be £39.99. But didn't it say the Batboat set is €26.99, because if it is it will be $19.99 and £19.99, if that's the case it will mean it must be about the same size as the '06 batboat.

I'm thinking it will be about the same piece count; maybe smaller and more solid, though. Also similarly suzed to the 2012 sets that were $20 and had three minifigs.

His hair is supposed to be dark grey with white sides.

Problem is, at the end of the day, that the hair piece they chose isn't really the grey color of the top or the white color of the sides. Plus, the rendition in the show has that inexplicably muscular look, like comissioner Gordon (or amlost any other macho civillian charachter.) And I think that the fig really doesn't capture that very well.

I'm thinking it will be about the same piece count; maybe smaller and more solid, though. Also similarly suzed to the 2012 sets that were $20 and had three minifigs.

That's what I'm hoping for too. TLG could really redeem this wave if they get these last two sets right.

They were trying to make him like his comic appearance too, but mostly cartoony. Plus he's supposed to be old, he's like in his 40s.

Well, we need a 12 dollar set. So it could be either one. I don't care bout the sets that much, cept if they look decent and they have awesome figures.

Plus he's supposed to be old, he's like in his 40s.

Ouch! Is this the world of Logan's Run?

Edited by Drock