Sign in to follow this  
Percabeth

San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Discussion

I can see the cause for maybe a small little tiny frown, but just that fact that you get to go/have been before should be enough to pick you right back up :sweet:

I can see the cause for maybe a small little tiny frown, but just that fact that you get to go/have been before should be enough to pick you right back up :sweet:

Very true. I'm sitting here at work waiting to leave to drive to San Diego! LOL There's good and bad to the con. ;)

The floor seems to be lacking, almost all sets we've seen, some have been out for a month now. :hmpf_bad: Hopefully some good announcements at the panels, can't wait for that Rancor! :wub:

The floor seems to be lacking, almost all sets we've seen, some have been out for a month now. :hmpf_bad: Hopefully some good announcements at the panels, can't wait for that Rancor! :wub:

Why would Lego show new sets they haven't even announced yet? Unless of course it was an accident like the Town Hall video with the R2-D2 and Haunted House.

Who knows? Maybe they will display the new sets after the panels.

Why would Lego show new sets they haven't even announced yet? Unless of course it was an accident like the Town Hall video with the R2-D2 and Haunted House.

Who knows? Maybe they will display the new sets after the panels.

The TIE Fighter and Queen Amidala Minifig prototype were shown at last year's Comic-Con.

Now that they details came out they have some pretty sweet stuff that I am sadly not going to be able to see in person!

• Shaazam, Bizarro, Venom and Phoneix
  • A free Bibo minifigure
  • And the unveiling of the Rancor pit set

Comic Con gets better and better every year! I hope one day I will get to go :sweet: Until then I will rely on the people that are going to post back EVERYTHING they see there!

I'd like to know how they're handling the Bilbo scavenger hunt. I wonder what kind of difficulty there's going to be. I'm just imagining searching and searching for that final piece only to not find it.

The TIE Fighter and Queen Amidala Minifig prototype were shown at last year's Comic-Con.

They were shown DURING the Star Wars panel, NOT before.

If anybody is going to CC this week and sees the new Doc Ock Ambush set out, which I doubt it will be, could you pick one up and I will pay you a little extra for your troubles :sweet:

On another note, hope everyone going has fun and takes lots of pictures!

They were shown DURING the Star Wars panel, NOT before.

I know. I was responding to the assertion that TLG would not reveal sets that have not been announced yet.

Now that the show is over, how was everyone's con?

Mine was tiring trying to hunt down a set of those Lego exclusives. No luck, but still had fun!

Nice little Darth Maul set being sold at the booth today.

Limited to 1,000.

Pics here and here.

No idea what's happening tomorrow.

Going to bed now, my feet hurt.

Never heard of that..wierd,why do they wait until after or right before the con to announce the exclusives? :cry_sad:

Never heard of that..wierd,why do they wait until after or right before the con to announce the exclusives? :cry_sad:

They've been known to do that for a while now. They're pretty sneaky, and if it wasn't for some press reports, we wouldn't have known about the superhero figs too.

Finally got finished watching the G4 coverage. I was hoping for a little LEGO love. Nothing. :cry_sad: I saw the logo though. :cry_happy:

Finally got finished watching the G4 coverage. I was hoping for a little LEGO love. Nothing. :cry_sad: I saw the logo though. :cry_happy:

G4 did cover lego. I watched them do it. Stood and watched them do about 3 takes.

Now that the show is over, how was everyone's con?

Mine was tiring trying to hunt down a set of those Lego exclusives. No luck, but still had fun!

Mine was epic.

I'm no stranger to cons, but this was something else.

The sheer size of it was staggering.

It was difficult to decide what to do, spend half a day in a queue to get an exclusive or attend a panel, or use that time to go and see other things.

Me, I chose the latter.

That, and taking photos of scantily clad young ladies.

G4 did cover lego. I watched them do it. Stood and watched them do about 3 takes.

What did they feature? I watched the 4 hour coverage...was there more?

Bought my tickets for 2013 yesterday.

Better start saving now.

I'll be there too!! What # were you in the queue? I was deep in the pack, but my buddy was able to pick it up for me. Whew!!

I'll be there too!! What # were you in the queue? I was deep in the pack, but my buddy was able to pick it up for me. Whew!!

As expected, the website was creaking with pressure when everyone tried to log on on the weekend.

I got in at #9,000 and was fortunate to get a four-day pass (no preview night).

I must have been one of the last ones to get a four-day pass too as I tried a few seconds later to get one for a friend and they'd all sold out.

I managed to get four one-day passes for my buddy which is pretty much the same thing.

The Comic Con website she goes to told her that she can swap the four one-day passes for a four-day pass on the first morning too, so she won't have to queue for a new pass every day.

Result.

I take it you were there this year?

Manage to get any goodies?

As expected, the website was creaking with pressure when everyone tried to log on on the weekend.

I got in at #9,000 and was fortunate to get a four-day pass (no preview night).

I must have been one of the last ones to get a four-day pass too as I tried a few seconds later to get one for a friend and they'd all sold out.

I managed to get four one-day passes for my buddy which is pretty much the same thing.

The Comic Con website she goes to told her that she can swap the four one-day passes for a four-day pass on the first morning too, so she won't have to queue for a new pass every day.

Result.

I take it you were there this year?

Manage to get any goodies?

I was able to get the tins from Lego, a few exclusives here and there, and the black spidey. I would have met up with you if I would have received your PM before I left to trade for some Olympic figures. LOL

How'd you make out? Nice job on getting tix!

I was able to get the tins from Lego, a few exclusives here and there, and the black spidey. I would have met up with you if I would have received your PM before I left to trade for some Olympic figures. LOL

How'd you make out? Nice job on getting tix!

Oh hey, it's YOU!

Ha, sorry, I didn't recognise the name.

I too managed to pick up a couple of Darth Maul tins, a few Thor polybags and two small LOTR sets (they hadn't been released in the UK at the time).

I passed on the Mordor t-shirt.

It's a shame we couldn't hook up but it wasn't the end of the world.

I managed to find a vendor who bought the Team GB sets off me for a tidy profit.

He gave me a very suspicious look at first when I asked, "Hey mate, do you buy Lego sets as well as sell them?"

But when I pulled the packets out of my pocket his eyes lit up like a pinball machine and he took the lot (all fifteen).

To be honest, I was there more for the comic books than the Lego.

I got a lot of stuff signed by Mike Mignola, William Stout, Ben Templesmith, Raphael Aberquerque, Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez, Zach Howard and Jock.

I told myself this was a once in a lifetime trip, but I enjoyed myself so much that I couldn't resist going again next year.

See you there!

nicely done on trading the GB Olympic set!! I passed on the Mordor T-Shirt as it was $10 too expensive. We'll plan better for next year! :)