Sign in to follow this  
a-star

Hello, Lego, my old friend!

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to join your great online Lego community. I'm looking forward to enjoying my time here discussing Lego with other enthusiasts!

I haven't collected Lego since I was a child. Although I've always said I would love to and that if I'd ever had children of my own I would buy it for them, I just always seemed to be distracted by something else in my spare time. A few years ago my sister had a boy and I decided to begin collecting Lego sets for him. I bought a couple of basic sets and grabbed some minifigures as well but didn't open them. Occasionally I would grab some minifigures when I saw them in a store but didn't ever think to open them.

I'm not sure what it was that finally drove me to open up some packages of series 6 earlier this year, but after I did that I was instantly hooked! It didn't take long for me to

open up all the packages I had stockpiled for my nephew, albeit with some measure of guilt! I soon discovered the upcoming Lord of the Rings line and there was no turning back! I've never cared much for licensed Lego, but I really love LOTR so I have made an exception. There aren't many licenses that would appeal to me so much that I would buy them in Lego. I guess it's my time!

My Lego interests include the Minifigure series, the city/town series, classic space, pirates and castle series, historical themed stuff like pharos quest, modular buildings and architecture sets and of course Lord of the Rings. In fact, the Lego has inspired me to read the books again! Technic was a favorite of mine as a kid, but I may wait until the children in my life are a little older to explore those sets.

Anyways, I just wanted to start off by saying hello and that I really look forward to learning from all the experienced builders here and enjoying their MOC creations!

Welcome and enjoy your time here! I know I have since joining :classic: Lots of great people that share a common hobby what's not to like?