LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

And here a video of it in action:

I just happened to notice that you released a lot of videos of your trains lately, anyway did you get a new area to put your trains? or just a different layout? Just curious

Train looks good though

Rail Co.

Hi there, wouldn't it be nice to see some pictures of members of EB here from long Legotrains. Although it is difficult to make really nice pictures of long trains, it might be worth to give it a try!

I think the longest that I've done on my own is probably still my Brickling Brothers Circus train from years ago. Since the original, I've added/removed cars depending on circumstances. Unfortunately most of it is now in pieces after years of use.

-Elroy

How many motors does it take to run that?

Just two, one at the front, and one at the rear.

I just happened to notice that you released a lot of videos of your trains lately, anyway did you get a new area to put your trains? or just a different layout? Just curious

Train looks good though

Rail Co.

I moved to a new house, more space only for Lego. I'll upload more videos and pictures some time late and compile that in a nice thread for convenient consumption.

And thanks

I think the longest that I've done on my own is probably still my Brickling Brothers Circus train from years ago. Since the original, I've added/removed cars depending on circumstances. Unfortunately most of it is now in pieces after years of use.

-Elroy

Elroy, that circus train of yours is a very original idea, i like it!!

Hi there, what a fun idea....

That Santa Fé is also a long one.. i does a fortune when you sell it..but who would sell a train like thát !!!

Thanks for your post... EB should cosider changing this topic into a contest.... :tongue: !

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I present to you my Cargo Railway:

20120623_154752.jpg20120623_154444.jpg

Hi Swiss Legofan, do you have any date considering length of your 'entry' ?

Its a great train!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Swiss Legofan, do you have any date considering length of your 'entry' ?

Its a great train!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

About 3.5m.

About 3.5m.

That is one crazy long train! awesome job.

Hi there, what a fun idea....

default_laugh_new.gifimg_0023.jpg

img_0022.jpg

img_0024.jpg

img_0025.jpg

From your pictures I can see that I clearly need more wagons.... default_laugh_new.gif

The Sante Fe Is awesome! Thanks for sharing

Your collection is grwoing, Jon, looks really good!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thanks Sjaak...I moved some things around..it all isnt in the camera frame...there is another square "pressboard" piece that I have my tipper truck caravan and my small forest...I need to start buying those green large baseplates street plates and grey xl plates, . Im getting sick of looking at the depressing brown color. :sweet:

That is one crazy long train! awesome job.

The Sante Fe Is awesome! Thanks for sharing

Yep The Santa Fe Super Chief is one of the best!

Here is my version

Power Unit A-B-B-A

santa_fe_lok.jpg

And 7 Carriages

santa_fe_cars.jpg

A rendering of the complete train!

superchief.png

Edited by GRogall

Thanks Grogall, those pictures express power!!! I would like to put a total of 6 motors in my 3 Maersk engines....that would also give a lot of pulling strength!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Some really cool looking long trains here.

This is my modest contribution originally posted here. It is an Americanized Emerald Night with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class cars, 2 mail cars, and a caboose. A short video of the train running is here

6269136473_c2742fa80e.jpg

6269662352_634a1b6cb1.jpg

Some really cool looking long trains here.

This is my modest contribution originally posted here. It is an Americanized Emerald Night with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class cars, 2 mail cars, and a caboose. A short video of the train running is here

6269136473_c2742fa80e.jpg

6269662352_634a1b6cb1.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I really like the mail car concept and the caboose is a nice addition!

Hello Lego Trainfans, i'm happy (and a bit proud) to present you a video of a running Maersk-train with 15 container cars. Total length of this train is 5.11 meters. Total motors in three Locomotives: 6

Here is a link to my brandnew HD video!

And a picture:

7551436920_6e9d3665cc.jpg

My long 7745: http://i.imgur.com/q64Hz.jpg

Haven't the space to put up a track unfortunately, and I still have to do some optimisation as even two motors have trouble pulling it :(

If you replace the 12V wheels by 9V wheels, it'll be much easier to pull.

New member here, thought I'd share my three favorites after a year of collecting and endless track rearrangement. Couldn't bring myself to put any stickers on my trains so please excuse the lack of extra detail. All are running on PF using two train motors. Nothing particularly new here but these trains make me happy!

1. Maersk Container Train with 8 container wagons carrying 16 containers.

2. Metroliner with 3 standard passenger cars and 3 club cars

3. Santa Fe Super Chief with modified B-unit (not enough grey portholes) and one of each car (mail, baggage, dining, sleeper, observation)

post-29661-13421044298543.jpg

Couldn't bring myself to put any stickers on my trains so please excuse the lack of extra detail. All are running on PF using two train motors.

It's nice to see another fan of non-stickers!

Do you have any additional pictures of your layout and the conversion to Power Functions? It looks really neat!

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

I can't post a link yet since I am new, but search Brickshelf for "dukeybootie" to some more pics of my layout and the PF modifications to the Metroliner and the Super Chief.

Pretty much everything is stock Lego (or lightly modified) except the switching station, the instructions for which I purchased on eBay. After a lot of thought and track rearrangement, I decided on a layout that could run three trains simultaneously and ended up with what you see there. Still deciding what to do with the farm/windmill area, which is quite unfinished. Adding a Cafe Corner is also on the list once I save up enough cash. Those things are pricey!

Much thanks to those here whose pics and posts helped me immensely with my PF train mods! What a great site (and thread)!

I can't post a link yet since I am new, but search Brickshelf for "dukeybootie" to some more pics of my layout and the PF modifications to the Metroliner and the Super Chief.

Still deciding what to do with the farm/windmill area, which is quite unfinished.

Wow! Your layout is really sharp!

Your Power Functions modifications are very clean-looking; I like that! If you have any more pictures to share, especially of the motor, that would be very nice.

The Farm sets would go great with the Vestas Wind Turbine! 7637 Farm and 7684 Pig Farm & Tractor would fill out that area nicely.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

Today i made a setup to run a train of 7.60 meters long. The train ran for about 20 seconds and then pulled the cars off the track... I think i have to add my 2 7939 cargotrains as pushers.......

Here a short HD-YouTubevideo of the test, and the moment the cars got pulled of the track!!

Sadly i didn't work.....will try it again later this week!!

Greetz LegoSjaak