Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Bobby "The Bat" Johnson

This is my entry into the build a Gothamite contest, it is inspired from Gotham City Imposters.

7178745877_a011728bd3.jpg

Bobby "The Bat" Johnson by sok117, on Flickr

Ever remember dressing up as a superhero when you were a kid? You know, dawning the old bath towel cape with pajamas, maybe wearing you underwear outside of your pants? Well old Bobby here never really let that childhood memory go. While Gothams other caped crusader is off on a mission, Bobby takes to the streets in his own bat-suit, fighting crime in the most ridiculous ways. He’s armed to the nines with his minimal protection flannel pajamas, and his costume prop FX officially licensed Batman Cowl TM, oh and don’t forget his trusty 12 gauge shotgun to blow away the criminals. Bobby knows hopes one day the Batman will realize the good work he’s doing and maybe they’d go out for a drink and become really good friends, then solve mysteries and go on adventures together, oh and when Bobby is getting married, Batman can be his Best man and they will be the best of friends! … yeah right. It’s often said imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but Bobby’s doing a better job of making the Dark Knight a big joke.

7178746837_bc2b095456.jpg

Imposterble by sok117, on Flickr

Cost

SleepyHead minifigure = $3.49

Bat Cowl = $0.80

Cape= $1.20

Stickers = $1.00

Head = $0.60

Spring Boots = $2.75

Total = $9.84

Thanks One more time to Luxor and Penguin for hosting this wonderful contest!! :sweet:

Hm, as much as I like the fig and the concept, I can hardly call it an ordinary gothamite, as it's stated buy the rules. I'd love to hear LuxorV's opinion on that.

The fig and the vig is awesome, though! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Indeed, as we already discussed elsewhere, people dressing us as Batman or other fan-like characters cannot be considered as 'common' or 'ordinary' citizens. Please re-think the concept for this category. If you wish, I can change this topic in a showcase for this particular fig, and you can make a new one for the actual entry. :classic:

Oh thats to bad then. But wouldn't a Batman copycat be kinda ordinary in a world full of heroes? I know that they were pretty ordinary in The Dark Knight. :sceptic:

The fact is he'd be a guy with an ordinary life and job, acting as Batman's copycat in his free time. That is not my idea of an ordinary man. A banker, a news vendor, an ice-cream seller, a middle school student (the list could go on a long deal) are.