Sign in to follow this  
Omega   X

(My first) MOC: Snake Shrine and Zane's boat

Well, I promised that something will be posted on Eurobricks today, so here it is: My first MOC! Due to the sad lack of pieces in my collection, I can only do such a small MOC. Sorry. Anyway, comments and critics are strongly welcome. I may upload more pictures if you just kindly state in the comment section below to see a certain angle. Well, enough chit-chat, here it is: Drum-roll plea-

*MOC falls down from the sky*

first_moc.jpg

Take a few moments to observe the MOC. I've tried to include as many features as possible in this MOC. Includes a minifigure, Zane ZX with no shoulder pad, because it can't fit into the cockpit area. Lets proceed: Here are different angles of the snake shrine. Look out for hidden flick-fire missiles and a snake launcher.

shrine1.jpg

shrine2.jpg

shrine3.jpg

shrine4.jpg

shrine5.jpg

Well, the snake launcher is the see-saw in the corner(It's obvious, right? :grin: ) So, you load the snake into the see-saw:

snake_missile.jpg

and you fire it! (Sorry I can't take this kind of images well)

flying_snake.jpg

There are two flick-fire missiles included in this MOC,disguised as acid. Here they are:

hidden_missiles.jpg

Firing in 3,2,1, FIRE!

hidden_missiles.jpg

It includes the Hynobrai Staff. Zane's boat is the hardest part of this MOC, after building a lot of prototypes, here is the result(I'm still not satisfied :sceptic:):

zanes_boat1.jpg

zanes_boat2.jpg

zanes_boat3.jpg

zanes_boat4.jpg

It actually looks good with the cockpit closed with no minifigure sitting inside too! :laugh:

cockpit_closed.jpg

cockpit_open.jpg

Here is the back and the hinge that allows the cockpit to be opened or closed:

back.jpg

hinge.jpg

And there is a hidden missile under the boat! I like hiding things :wink:

missile1.jpg

Of course there isn't any flick-fire missile underneath the boat when I showed you a 360. Anyway here are some 'behind the scenes' info:

• The snake shrine was created out of my frustration after receiving two Ninjago sets and not containing a shrine
  • The snake launcher was inspired by the Venomari Shrine(And so is Zane!)
  • Zane's boat's frame is actually the frame of the boat that came in the Lighthouse Island Creator set
  • Most of Zane's boat is actually parts from his snowspeeder
  • The base of the shrine is modified from one of the small islands that came with the 2011 Ninjago Fire Temple set

So, this concludes the introduction of my MOC. As I stated above, comments and critics are strongly welcome. Anyway, if you're wondering why I chose to post this MOC on the 1st of June in Singapore, is that my first MOC should deserve to be posted on the first day of a month, thus opening a path for 29 MOCs to come :laugh:

Regards,

Omega X

Edited by Omega X

Cool little MOC, Zane's ship fits right in with the other Ninjago vehicles :thumbup:

The hidden features on the shrine are neat as well :classic:

Cool little MOC, Zane's ship fits right in with the other Ninjago vehicles :thumbup:

The hidden features on the shrine are neat as well :classic:

Nice! The boat is really cool. I like it when the cockpit's closed.

Hey thanks! :classic: Actually I don't think I will include any vehicles in my future MOCs . I'm more towards the building buildings kind. But thanks anyway! :laugh:

Omega X