sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Is that addressed to my post?

Why isn't it purist?

Purist means you do not use any parts not made by lego, you dont paint or alter any official lego parts. No kreo, megablocks, brickarms etc are purist. What you've made is very faithful and well done, but it doesnt belong.

Purist means you do not use any parts not made by lego, you dont paint or alter any official lego parts. No kreo, megablocks, brickarms etc are purist. What you've made is very faithful and well done, but it doesnt belong.

I see, didn't realize there was a such a strict definition. I will delete my post.

Very nice, paddraigphoto! I'm especially loving that Rhino!

Actually, all of your Spidey villains are pretty impressive! I think I'm going to have to track down some of those parts!

Whose head did you use for Coulson?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Thanks Numbuh1Nerd. I think Coulson's head belonged to an Imperial Gunner from set 75034 Death Star Troopers. Let me know if you want any help tracking down parts!

@paddraigphoto, I would recommend a hair change on cyclops, he's looking a little gingery, Hawkeye looks a little too dark too, hes usually a blonde, unless youre going for Jeremy Renner. Love your kraven, I'll prob order that torso for mine now.

Thanks autorazr. I agree Cyclops is a rather ginger. I'll have a play about, but I wasn't too keen on the brown version of that hair. I'll see what I can come up with! With Hawkeye I'm sticking to MCU until I can find his purple mask, then it'll be classic Hawkeye all the way! Thanks for the feedback!

Superb figs paddraigphoto! Some really clever, really unique designs! I love all your mechs, though for me personally Iron Monger is best. I look forward to more!

I updated my ASM2 Green Goblin with a new head

IMG_0079_zpsd65986a2.jpg

and I also made him a glider to swoop around on

IMG_0081_zps2be23c1f.jpg

And Johann Schmidt

IMG_0080_zps6ae2fbd1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Nice work on the Goblin, I stole the design for his glider off BatmanBeyond117 on flickr (shoutout to him), I still think the Mandarin head looks better though. Me gusta Schmidt also

That's actually a pretty great use of that head, autorazr. Has anybody tried that out for Lobo yet? The vampire head always seems to be the go to for him but I think this might be interesting to test out. I don't have the fig or I would do it myself.

It would def work for New 52 "other" Lobo. I kinda dislike most things new 52, so I may not bother trying it. For a classic Lobo I would recommend the zombie captain Barbosa head, its white and has a beard, perhaps the same hair I used on the crow, the always awesome and useful Mutt Williams torso, and black Space police alien legs with the knee pads.

Hulk_Smash, thanks regarding your Barnes Cap, and great Goblin Glider and Schmidt!

A few more,

13993260842_cef61e1a49_z.jpg

Deathlok

13847933794_cb6fef07d6_z.jpg

The Mad Thinker and his Awesome Android Andy

13558485504_70544f6c3d_z.jpg

Professor X

It would def work for New 52 "other" Lobo. I kinda dislike most things new 52, so I may not bother trying it. For a classic Lobo I would recommend the zombie captain Barbosa head, its white and has a beard, perhaps the same hair I used on the crow, the always awesome and useful Mutt Williams torso, and black Space police alien legs with the knee pads.

Yeah, the mancandy Lobo hasn't been very popular. Although, given Lobo was created as a parody of the dark gritty comics of the day, now he's kind of a parody of the over-sexualization of women in comics. Only not really funny from what I can tell. So maybe less parody more justice? Either way, classic Lobo reigns supreme.

You're right though, that head would probably work really well. Hopefully LEGO gives us an official Lobo one of these days.

There are a few good minifig parts in the new ultra agents set.

Most importantly: a flame helmet from the 'Infearno' character. Check it out, it would be perfect for ghost rider, and the human torch.

Also, for me there will be Anakin's hair in black which I'll use for dick Grayson or Jason todd.