ghostmind

My hangup with the prequels sets

And for the record, just because there is "over 100 hours of CW material" does not mean CW is good. It just means there's a lot of it.

Personally, I saw a few episodes of CW and thought it was okay. Not great, not terrible either. But it didn't interest me enough to stick with it.

It's not a matter that CW is good or bad. It's not a matter of what defines a fan, or who is a true fan. I think the key point is the main thing we all have is tat we are all here fans of Star Wars Lego. Otherwise we would not be here. And that is where that exponentially increasing amount of episodic footage from TCW comes into play.

The Pt and the OT are done (barring yet another Lucas redo). Which means the list of potential subjects from them is ultimately finite. We the loving fans probably will not drop $100 USD on a fourth version of the Sith Infiltrator anytime soon.. We know this. Lego knows this. With Each re-release they have to look on this with some trepidation . For this reason.

Whereas, love it or hate it. TCW is the current and on going growth point that will feed that shiny new 10 year contract TLG just signed. It's where the new ships comes from now. It's where the new minifigs and characters come from. It' s where the new fans and hence the new customer base will come from. This is the basic math of this equation. The vast majority of anything new we will see in this hobby that we all love, will be coming from this source. Yes we will probably still get a steady stream of improved re-issues, and the big expensive AFOL oriented sets from the movies. But to cut yourself off from TCW will cut yourself off from anything truly new going forward. I am just not sure why we Lego SW fans would want to do that? But to each his own.

Edited by Faefrost

Everybody can complain, but if you are not satisfied (so as me) you can allways create your own stories and shape the events from the prequels, I got my own version and makes a lot more sense than lukas frantic merchandising campaign, maybe someday I could post it, I consider it pretty good

You know...the look of the Clone Wars minifigs bothered me at first, but I've learned to accept them for what they are: a faithful LEGO representation of one part of the Star Wars saga. I've simply learned to overlook their faults and appreciate them for what they are. It definitely doesn't affect my fandom of LEGO Star Wars.