der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering where to get the new stuff since BL wiped all the new goodies coming out. I'd really like a stain blue fig and a set of coral legs if there's any left around. I'd be very grateful if someone could refer to me a seller or something. Minifig Dreams was the go to guy as far as I knew. 

Thanks for building this forum o7

On 2/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, MAB said:

It is fairly clear that all these new parts in new colours that are purposely made for the expensive collectors' market are not legit. Hence the split in the collecting area - we now have figures that are from legitimately made parts and figures that are from illegitimately made ones for collectors willing to spend high $$$ on them. Some people will want every figure in every colour, whereas others will be happy with every figure in every legitimate colour and so can consider their collection complete even though some parts they don't have were illegitimately made.

That's exactly how I look at it! :thumbup:

I started collecting monochrome figs and now/some time ago someone found out how to make a fortune of the fact that these parts sell like sh** and some people are willing to pay absurd sums?
Somehow someone wants to make us believe or triggers the (childish) collectors button in us that we have to collect everything that comes out of original LEGO production sites. You can all do what you want, but for me I'm not going to support the abuse of original LEGO material just to make some extra bucks.

Q-parts by the way have never been produced for a second hand market! The keyword is the reason parts have been made!

It would be nice if we didn't start being jugemental :classic:

Edited by samlr

6 hours ago, samlr said:

It would be nice if we didn't start being jugemental :classic:

This.

Everyone has different ways they collect and different things they want to collect. Some people only collect plain, unprinted parts, other people are fine with wiping prints. Some people do want every colour in existence, other people only want colours which have appeared in sets.

The fact is this thread is for all of us, and I'd prefer not to be arguing one way or the other.

My spreadsheet, incidentally, makes distinctions between all those, so that everyone can use it however they want.

Edited by Paperballpark
Typo

3 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

This.

Everyone has different ways they collect and different things they want to collect. Some people only collect plain, unprinted parts, other people are fine with wiping prints. Some people do want every colour in existence, other people only want colours which have appeared in sets.

The fact is this thread is for all of us, and I'd prefer not to be arguing one way or the other.

My spreadsheet, incidentally, makes distinctions between all those, so that everyone can use it however they want.

Perfect answer! People can collect and love any and all parts of their choosing :) 

Apparently other than coral, the satin yellow is also arriving next week! Can’t wait!

p.s. I also collect all Disney minifigures, all Star Wars set figures from rare and hard to find sets and spacemen so monochromatic is just one love I have! 

Satin Yellow? There's no such colour on BL's database, nor on Ryan Howerter's list. Do you mean another Satin colour?

This.

Hey just curious, how come you don’t have the trans lake blue (bluish green)  on your spreadsheet? 

59 minutes ago, Monochromeman said:

Hey just curious, how come you don’t have the trans lake blue (bluish green)  on your spreadsheet? 

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

Satin Yellow? There's no such colour on BL's database, nor on Ryan Howerter's list. Do you mean another Satin colour?

I won’t really know until it arrives, it’s just what I was told and obviously once it arrives I’ll know properly. I’d put more images on here but it gives me a limit of 3 forever? Not checked the setting yet but seems weird.

I heard or saw a full set of glitter figures but just not seen any to buy. Obvs BL stopped the sales but luckily I have a load of contacts that I’ve previously purchased from otherwise I’d be dying right now! on another note I heard someone mention printed Lego copies and I was thinking a while back that people who have decent pad printing machines could easily get some original Lego parts and print perfect prints of rare or hand to find items?! Obviously not great for some people who’ve paid tons of money for them right now but I need some items for my collection lol?! 

13 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Satin Trans-Yellow. It's the same as glitter; they mix the satin / glitter with the color. They can than make any satin or glitter color. It's might hit the market very soon !

12 hours ago, pbatey7 said:

I heard or saw a full set of glitter figures but just not seen any to buy. Obvs BL stopped the sales but luckily I have a load of contacts that I’ve previously purchased from otherwise I’d be dying right now! on another note I heard someone mention printed Lego copies and I was thinking a while back that people who have decent pad printing machines could easily get some original Lego parts and print perfect prints of rare or hand to find items?! Obviously not great for some people who’ve paid tons of money for them right now but I need some items for my collection lol?! 

There are a lot of printed copies à Lego minifigures. If you consider for instance, the Comic Con minifigures, there are more fake ones than real one being sold. Those fake ones are of very good quality. Actually, the first hint that a minifigure is fake is that it's too clean and the prints are too perfect.

For the monochromes parts, I highly suspect that there are a least 2 sets of injection molds being used to make fake parts. My doubts are about the first batch of lavender legs and some of the transparent PC minifigures but, it's very hard to prove. I guess, it's part of collecting those "unofficial" parts.

For people who spend $300+ on a minifigure, let's be honest, money isn't really a big problem plus you have to consider it's only a few minifigures in big collections that have skyrocketed in value the past two year.

17 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

You've done such a great work listing and distinguishing printed/unprinted official/unofficial/prototype part that anyone can decide what he want's to collect !

Edited by samlr
Corrections and removed useless quotes.

22 hours ago, Monochromeman said:

Trans Lake Blue? I'm not sure which colour you mean. The one rule I have with adding colours is that I have to see photos of it, rather than just hearing that certain colours exist. I thought I had all the Trans blues covered.

More details would be appreciated though!

If there is a Satin Trans-Yellow then that could pose a problem, because that's not an official Lego colour! Although my spreadsheet does list 'factory' produced figures, in theory each one could be 'officially' produced some day by Lego in a set.

How could you say that about a fig in a colour which Lego don't even do? Even if it is just an 'effect' colour?

6 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

How could you say that about a fig in a colour which Lego don't even do? Even if it is just an 'effect' colour?

How can I say it might hit the market (talking about the Satin Trans Yellow monochrome) ? I can not confirm at the moment but as soon as I can post a picture, I will.

6 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

If there is a Satin Trans-Yellow then that could pose a problem, because that's not an official Lego colour! Although my spreadsheet does list 'factory' produced figures, in theory each one could be 'officially' produced some day by Lego in a set.

I understand the problem. You could eventually consider Lego could in the futur produce parts in those colors. Technically they could and they actually might. Maybe you could separate "factory in official colors" and "factory in unofficial colors". At least, we have a name for those colors. Maybe Ryan Howerter is more qualified to talk about this than I am. At this point I am just an observer.

PS : 9 glitters and 11 satins are currently being used for factory production, that's a least 7 colors that are not being officially produced by Lego

9 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Trans Lake Blue? I'm not sure which colour you mean. The one rule I have with adding colours is that I have to see photos of it, rather than just hearing that certain colours exist. I thought I had all the Trans blues covered.

More details would be appreciated though!

I sent you DM on Instagram. Don’t know how to post picture here 

1 hour ago, Monochromeman said:

You can post on flickr or another site to share pictures than here, you click "Insert other media", "Insert image from URL" and copy/paste the URL.

3 hours ago, Monochromeman said:

Thanks. Do you know the Lego colour ID and name? I think I might have seen that photo before but assumed that they were just colour variations of one or two blues.

31 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Thanks. Do you know the Lego colour ID and name? I think I might have seen that photo before but assumed that they were just colour variations of one or two blues.

I don’t. You guys know much more than me 😅

Hello

Can somebody hit me up with the following monochrome minifigures or let me know where to get them. Here or via pm.

Bright light yellow

Glow in the dark with hands

Glitter trans blue

Satin trans light blue

:) thank you

4 hours ago, samlr said:

Satin Trans Yellow !

Yeah I’ve got coral clone troopers, satin yellow Darth vaders m, clone troopers and satin blue clone and Darth on route to me, oh and some glow in the dark variants. Exciting!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, samlr said:

Satin Trans Yellow !

I still don't know what to think of these, given they've very likely been made in a Lego factory but there's no official Lego colour ID for them, given they're not technically an official Lego colour (yet?)...

Edited by Paperballpark

I still don't know what to think of these, given they've very likely been made in a Lego factory but there's no official Lego colour ID for them, given they're not technically an official Lego colour (yet?)...

You've got an answer from Ryan ! I guess we all have different limits.

There's not just here that talks about monochromes. There's a Facebook group too that you might want to join :)

y'all give me too much credit, I'm not even a minifigure collector :p

The new "satin yellow" is very interesting. A little history: In 2016 Lego put a glitter version of every active transparent color on the palette, with mostly new numbers. (I suspect a similar thing happened briefly around 2008.) Several of those glitters were never used, despite being given an ID; Trans-Dark Blue with Glitter has had at least two different numbers over the years (174 and 340). But it was never used in a set.

So, I'd like to know if these new Opal colors (Lego's term for "satin") have actual IDs somewhere, and if the nightshift glitters have new IDs. 
They might use different IDs for different percentages of the glitter additive, but that's just one theory.

Ryan