forumreader

Rumors and speculation: Haunted House Modular

Brickshop has listed it as the 10228 in their shop with a release date of August 1.

A 10000 set number is a pretty good indication it will be D2C then.

Brickshop has listed it as the 10228 in their shop with a release date of August 1.

A 10000 set number is a pretty good indication it will be D2C then.

The number 10228 has not been taken by any other set, thus it is likely the correct number.

The number 10228 has not been taken by any other set, thus it is likely the correct number.

Whilst most likely linked to the Monsters theme, it could be the start of the 'Winter' series for Halloween? A test model perhaps?

Whilst most likely linked to the Monsters theme, it could be the start of the 'Winter' series for Halloween? A test model perhaps?

As much as I would love an annual, large D2C horror-themed set, I don't think that's likely. The Winter Village sets are already, from what I can make of it, a kind of cheaper alternative to the Modulars, built in the same spirit and with the same release rate, but a little bit smaller so it'll be bought by the A- and TFOLs who can't justify the cost of the same year's Modular.

Now, if they started doing a Halloween series at this size (which looks at least like the price tag of an ordinary series flagship set - say, the cost of the Black Pearl (whatever that is, translated to pounds/euro/dollars)), it would steal the potential buyers of both the Winter Village sets and the Modulars. So I personally think it'd be a bad move for TLC to make another series of D2C buildings released at an annual rate.

Besides, I wouldn't be able to afford that. So no, it's not an option. =P

Edited by Multiverse

The Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris is in this same style, as well.

Here's my 2008 version of Phantom Manor taken at my first major Lego show as an exhibitor. I also included Harper Goff's design for a haunted church.

The full display

3759657164_896038c300.jpg

The lights in the Manor.

3758832637_a6d3c1faf7.jpg

Interior shots (modular, but not to the Lego standard :blush: )

2929147205_5f99d2514e.jpg

2929146679_834ca1f136.jpg

Here's a link to the 360 fly round of the display.

Phantom Manor - Exhibited at Steam 2008

I broke up the full display in 2009, but kept the Manor house. With a dusting of white plate it looks great as a snowy Halloween MOC. The Church I rebuilt in LDD.

I'm not sure I'd buy a Haunted House Modular set, but I'd probably pick through the instructions for ideas on how to improve Phantom Manor. One thing that I need to fix is the grey wall syndrome.

Kaitain

Edited by kaitain

I am so looking forward to this... I don't think I care if it is a modular, or in the Monster Fighters line, depending on price I am pretty sure I must have at least one of these.

I am so looking forward to this... I don't think I care if it is a modular, or in the Monster Fighters line, depending on price I am pretty sure I must have at least one of these.

I will buy 2 the day it comes out and I have never said or done that for any set before! Its got to be the coolest set imo lego has ever put out but that is just me and my taste :devil: