Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Ewok

BrickFleet: A tabletop spaceship game

Hi guys, it's me again with ANOTHER war game!

I'm in the process of developing BrickFleet, a space-based LEGO tabletop game. Somebody actually mentioned the concept in EXO-CHAMP's Exo-space thread. Players will fight battles with great fleets of spaceships, taking control of fighters, tactical manuvers and ship on ship combat! I'll have a "release date" soon.

I'm ALSO working on finding a place to put BrickConquest on the internet (that was my first war game) so look for that soon!

AND, after I finish those two things, I'll start work on BrickMech, a LEGO mech combat game.

I'm done now X-D

thanks! We need a gaming forum to put all our stuff though :-(

Btw, I am thinking about playing a game of EXO-DICE soon and was wondering, how many mechs do you recommend for a typical battle? I don't have a ton and may have to buy some more.

There will be a point system, but for now the robots should outnumber the humans 2:1 if the machines are of equal size.

I've fought battles using

Grand Titan, Stealth Hunter, Uplink and Gate Defender

vs.

2 x Thunder Fury, 2 x Fire Vulture and 4 x Sentry

They were all good close games.

Edit: Remember pictures of your battles for my web-site. ;-)

Just curious. What are the ranges and movement stats generally like?

Are the game for a table or the floor.

I think I'll be hard pressed to fit my 17 inch Battleship into a table game.

Best way to convert a game to a larger scale one is to convert cm to inches. If it is already inches, just double all ranges.

if you played the game the way it is now, you would be able to use your 17" battleship if you wanted as a capital ship/flagship for your fleet but it would take a lot of guys to operate it.

You could play on either the table or the floor! Movement and ranges vary from ship to ship and weapon to weapon but an average cruiser would move somewhere in the 4-5 inches range. It varies from ship to ship, some ships have a higher top speed but others accellerate a lot faster. Remember it's space so your ship will keep moving unless you use reverse thrusters to stop it.

The ships are based on class (destroyer, cruiser, frigate etc...) and are then armed any way you see fit. They come with the minimum crew but you can add more to increase efficiency aboard the ship. Ships can also have up to six wings of fighters/bombers that can be deployed to defend the ship, another ship or attack the enemy.

Your battleship would probably be used as a heavy carrier with the max fighter wings and refit stations for other ships. You could easily equip it with some cheap long range missiles and it could hang back and protect the fleet.

I hope you do! I'm finishing a cleaned up version of my current lego war game for the internet and after that I'll start writing.