Steiney

9492 TIE Fighter

- ...perhaps I should just buy 10 of them... :)

:laugh: HAHA absolutely! ..Just leave one on the shelf for some kid ok? :laugh:

Edited by Steiney

Thanks for the additional pictures, Steiney! It's great to see that it is in scale with Vader's TIE. :thumbup:

Why does he need what you consider to be professionalism in his reviews? He gave us some nice pictures and what he thought of the set in readable English. Maybe he doesn't want to document the whole build and spend time uploading tons of pictures and comparisons to other sets.

If people want to join a Lego review club I'm sure they'll contact you. Don't go into people's threads saying their review isn't the quality you like and pitch your club to them. As already stated by Blue, we'd have more pictures on here if people weren't so judgmental. Let it go. As said before, if you can do better buy the set and review it yourself.

First of all, I never said he needed to be professional or join the RA, I merely suggested it. I'm just trying to help him and the community as a whole, not discourage anybody. Secondly, I don't see a single sentence in his post that expresses his opinion on the set, which makes it more a bunch of pictures than a review. It's totally fine to post pictures of a set, just don't go calling it a review if you're not going to do any reviewing. I really don't think it's too much to ask for at least a few comments on if he liked the set or not.

And I am not planning to buy this set, so please stop telling me to review it myself.

Relax guys, it's allright. :wink:

I expressed my opinion with the comment "It's a TIE Fighter!" , and we all know that TIE fighters are cool, we all like TIE fighters, so therefore I like the set very much Oky!, I think it's pretty darn cool overall :thumbup:

Now the Republic Frigate, I liked that kit less and less the more I built it. I still have not finished the engines. I was just dissapointed, but that is a different thread i'm sure.

Looks like Darth's tie can do with a wing update as well

Yeah OOPs, you don't notice the crooked wing panel until the moment after you upload the pic some days, and some days you do :blush:

It must have moved it's hinge when I flew it out to the garage for the pic. You can't carry a LEGO TIE Fighter without making the sounds :grin:

Edited by Steiney

How is the UK IPMS? I am undecided on ours. On one hand I like being part of the Reviewer Corps, for the obvious benefit of free kits, and there are a lot of great modelers who freely share knowledge.

On the other hand the forums are very clique-ey and a lot of the older members don't have a clue how to effectively spread the hobby to a younger generation, even though they recognize that is a very big issue in general for the hobby. All they want to do is blame the internet and video games, instead of actively doing something about it. The IPMS-USA Journal and forums also seems to be a little too heavy on internal IPMS-USA politics, of which I don't care about and I don't really want to know about who gets elected to what position etc. Despite that, I renewed my membership for the second year to give it a fair shake.

Despite living in England I'm a member of IPMS Ireland, it's new so where still trying to sort it all out, but there's more of a youth following there (Partly why I joined them and not IPMS UK), and there's more flexibility with what you can review or display at shows.