SirScottLego

Play with Lego or Build with Lego

I play with my LEGO all the time, as the minifig, to me is a necessary part of my LEGO enjoyment.

I build mostly castles, big castles, so I spend a lot of time building.... Eventually I end up playing as the minifigs are added...as they walk through a doorway into a tower room.... Then there is the battles *wub*

Occasionally there are sound effects. More sound effects when I am swooshing a tie fighter around the room *ssqquaaaauuuuurrrhhh* Ofcourse everytime I pick up one of my Darth Vader figs I just have to *eeeshhhquuuue...eshhhquuue*

Create, build, play; it should be what we all do with our LEGO. I will be 34 next week *y*

I suck at painting.

I suck at writing.

I suck at *insertartisticcrafthere*

I don't suck at being creative.

I don't suck at building with LEGO to express my creativity.

I mean, I am doing research for my degree, so therefore, I have to have to be at least somewhat creative. ;-) So building and playing with LEGO is just another way of being myself.

And I don't care what other people think about me.

I wasn't sure about admitting to playing until I rediscovered LEGO this year, and the online community. Now I'm proud to say I play with LEGO. If more people played with toys like LEGO I'm sure the'd be a few less problems in life. It's especially nice when one can share the hobby with a spouse or partner. Thats quality time! *sweet*

I wasn't sure about admitting to playing until I rediscovered LEGO this year

Well, I am also used to play computer games, board games, trading card games.... So LEGO is just another brick ;)

If more people played with toys like LEGO I'm sure the'd be a few less problems in life.

I reckon all world leaders should sit down and do some playing with lego. There might be a lot less war, death and misery then.

As a bricklayer i build for a living and i definately don't think of my work as play. i love my lego and i would class it as playing with lego because of the fun and enjoyment i get from it. As for holding on to my youth well i'm nearly 33 and showing no signs of letting go yet. :-D

I play and I'm very proud to say it (I'm 27 yr old). I don't mind what others may say, I do want I want. Sometimes I build with Lego but just to paly with it later;)

Kind regards to all

Okay, so here is the question. I have long insisted to my wife and family that as an adult I don't "play" with Legos I "build" with Legos...

Am I just in denial? What if I make sound effects when I "build", does that cross the "build" or "play" line?

:-D I have the same problem with my girlfriend...

I always say that it

I use rather the word "build" It matchs batter to the designation AFOL. ;-)

But I thing anyone can say what he want. :-)