Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

MOC: TL Star Wars figures

Hello everyone and a happy 2012,

I've recently finished my 'Tanoland' figure design, which is hopefully the end of an evolution from Technic figure based figures to Miniland figures to this new 'scale'. (It's pretty much still Miniland scale but the blockiness and simplicity has more or less been left behind, so I can't really call these Miniland anymore.)

More info on this infamous Tanoland figure (including a downloadable LDD design):

Tanoland basic figure

Anyway, the major improvement on these figures is a great range of articulation. I'm in the process of transferring my old Miniland SW figures to this scale but I'm also creating now ones. Here is the first one (which is also my first MOC of 2012):

*The picture was deleted, scroll down for the update on this figure or you can check the LDD file.*

Some of you might recall the fantastic animated Clone Wars series that was aired on Cartoon Network a few years ago. The figure represents battle damaged Anakin Skywalker during his battle with Asajj Ventress on Yavin 4:

585px-Chapter19.jpg

A white bar will be added on the inside of his lightsaber, but this is something I'd rather figure out with real bricks instead of LDD.

I'm working on several more figures on LDD, and when I have a decent amount of them I'll order the parts to make them in real life. The real figures will be a lot easier to pose than their LDD counterparts. :laugh: I've added the LDD file to this post and will do the same for my upcoming figures. (This way you can check the techniques used or just look at the model in 3D.)

That's it for now. Feel free to share criticism, comments etc.

Cheers,

Gaetano

TanolandAnakinSkywalkerYavin4duel.lxf

Edited by Tanotrooper

It's always a pleasure seeing your takes on official figures with more articulation. Nice work. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Hmm I'm not sure if I like it that much Tanotrooper, the torso especialy seems a bit blocky and simple. The points of articulation though are great :thumbup:.

It's always a pleasure seeing your takes on official figures with more articulation. Nice work. :thumbup:

Thanks and thank you very much for the blog! :grin:

Very nice! I was never a big fan of the cartoon, but the figure looks nice!

Just like Samurai Jack (from the same creator), the show and style either works or doesn't work for people. And thanks! :laugh:

Hmm I'm not sure if I like it that much Tanotrooper, the torso especialy seems a bit blocky and simple. The points of articulation though are great :thumbup:.

Yes the torso has been bothering me as well as of late. So:

6642869601_4f686076d2_z.jpg

TL Anakin Skywalker update on Flickr

I've narrowed the waist so that it looks more like the show's style. (I think the narrower waist might become standard on regular figures except armoured ones for example.) This way, I've also added a (or multiple on this one) waist joint(s). (This is due to the lack of 2*2 plates in dark tan. On the other hand, it goes well with the 'bandage' idea.)

Hope you like it now! :laugh:

I've also just realised that I deleted the first picture on Flickr, sorry for that Brickdoctor... :blush:

The LDD is still there though.

I've got several armoured figures coming up, so stay tuned. :classic:

Cheers,

Gaetano

TanolandAnakinSkywalkerYavin4duelupdate2.lxf

Edited by Tanotrooper

I've also just realised that I deleted the first picture on Flickr, sorry for that Brickdoctor... :blush:

The LDD is still there though.

Updated, thanks for the heads-up. :classic:

Updated, thanks for the heads-up. :classic:

Sorry, forgot to angle the tan tiles so there's another new picture now. :blush: Why can't Flickr have a replace button? :hmpf:

Gaetano

Sorry, forgot to angle the tan tiles so there's another new picture now. :blush: Why can't Flickr have a replace button? :hmpf:

I think the Pro accounts allow that, though the URL will still change.

Updated again.