Sign in to follow this  
Syn

Complex Archways

I'm having a little bit of an issue with a moc that I am creating based on a real building. The entryway is two open archways, side by side, due to the size I only have about 8 studs to work with. I know this is a tall order and it probably isn't possible with the amount of space that I have I just really feel like it really needs the two arch ways as apposed to one since the original building has two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Syn

I am positive there is an arch piece that is only 3 studs long.

Let me see if I can find it.

Would this work?

4490.gif?0

Picture is a link to the bricklink page.

Two of these next to each other would give you two studs to work with still.

Or these guys.

3659.gif?0

6182.jpg?1

the three stud archway is two small and the four would work OKAY if I didn't have to support it with a 2 stud brick. I thought of that and am trying to figure out how to reduce it to just one stud.

Doesn't make a very smooth arch, but how about using this part? Probably though about that already, I suppose. :classic:

2341.gif

yeah I thought about that but I would need some sort of way to make the three studs fit on 2 and make it look nice, it would be nice to make that work. I have come up with one solution but it is a little big tell me what you think.

6473770427_44179e30de.jpg

different colors are only to illustrate parts

Edited by Syn

yeah I thought about that but I would need some sort of way to make the three studs fit on 2 and make it look nice, it would be nice to make that work. I have come up with one solution but it is a little big tell me what you think.

6473770427_44179e30de.jpg

different colors are only to illustrate parts

Instead of the window use a jumper (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3794).

Are there walls on both sides of the 8 stud space?

For example you could use the those walls to start your arch and then that would give you abour 3 stud wide openings to allow a minifigure to walk through. Basically you'd make a "Y" shape in the middle with a "r" like shape coming of the those walls towards the "Y" in the centre.

Red = Walls with studs facing in at top of arch and up.

Blue = 1x2 tile with 1 stud

Green = 1x1 column (or pole just rotate orange brick or insert half pin into bottom.)

Purple = 1x1 Cheese slopes

Grey = 10 stud long plate, tile, or brick

Orange = 1x1x1 multi stud brick

untitl19.jpg

Edited by Rook

Are there walls on both sides of the 8 stud space?

For example you could use the those walls to start your arch and then that would give you abour 3 stud wide openings to allow a minifigure to walk through. Basically you'd make a "Y" shape in the middle with a "r" like shape coming of the those walls towards the "Y" in the centre.

Red = Walls with studs facing in at top of arch and up.

Blue = 1x2 tile with 1 stud

Green = 1x1 column (or pole just rotate orange brick or insert half pin into bottom.)

Purple = 1x1 Cheese slopes

Grey = 10 stud long plate, tile, or brick

Orange = 1x1x1 multi stud brick

untitl19.jpg

wow that is so simple but looks so good. thank you! I believe that's the winner!